Lead Process Engineer
NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
Company is seeking a Lead Process Engineer to support projects for the Thiochemicals Business group. This position reports directly to the Central Process Technology Manager and provides technical assistance for plant operations. Position requires direct interaction with other departmental managers and staff positions to exchange information and ideas directly related to the success of the Thiochemicals Group.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support full compliance of all Safety/Environmental related regulatory requirements including OSHA, PSM, RMP and Company Policies and programs (MSM).
- Ensure that timely response of technical review is completed for assigned incident investigations through Root Cause Analysis and action items developed and implemented (Impact).
- Supports or Leads PHAs as process specialist and process team leader.
- Maximize operational efficiency and continuously identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement. Maintain, review and update key process knowledge for Beaumont plant/Thiochemical site(s).
- Support plant initiatives for new product development, process technology projects, and debottlenecking efforts through formal methodologies (Six Sigma, DOEs).
- Provide assistance to operations during plant turnarounds, emergency operations, and any other time technical assistance is required.
- Serves as consultant for less experienced engineers and plant/Thiochemical site(s) operations personnel as Subject Matter Expert.
- Apply engineering fundamentals to troubleshoot, solve and document plant/ Thiochemical site(s) technical issues.
- Leads efforts to develop and analyze options in a capital project by assessing technical, financial, safety, and environmental impact of the project. Coaches less experienced engineers on AGATE methodology.
Required Education/Qualifications/Work Experience
- Bachelors degree in chemical engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in a chemical plant setting required.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills necessary to convey interpretations of process data and recommendations for improvement through all levels of the organization, including technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Ability to coach/mentor other engineers
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Strong global chemicals company with great pay, benefits and career growth opportunity.