- Supports the Area in achieving key outcomes in safety, reliability, efficiency, compliance, cost and customer service by:
- Providing technical, troubleshooting, and maintenance support for all production facilities within the area including all ASU, CO2, H2, and He.
- Working with Area Controls engineers, Mechanical engineers, Electrical & Instrument engineers, as well as National Reliability Engineers to support any respective initiatives or projects.
- Supporting the maintenance and continuous improvement of the preventative maintenance plans in SAP PM, including lessons learned from RCFA, RCM studies, and Work Order feedback.
- Evaluating the area's Preventive Maintenance Programs through routine review of each sites scheduled maintenance strategies as well as the available global maintenance strategies capable of being scheduled.
- Planning and scheduling Preventive Maintenance activities including Condition Based Monitoring programs for the area.
- Assuring that all Condition Based Monitoring corrective maintenance recommendations are properly planned, scheduled, and executed.
- Providing regular review of the CMMS equipment hierarchy of the sites within the area and making updates to the equipment as necessary
- Leading the Turnaround planning process in the area through scope development, budget management, planning, scheduling, and executing of the turnaround activities in a safe, efficient, and timely manner.
- Assuring that all materials and spare parts are available as needed for all major maintenance and Turnaround activities within the area.
- Ensuring that applicable material and contract labor procurement and control processes are consistent with company standards and policy.
- Leading post turnaround evaluation sessions to review compliance of Turnaround objectives and lessons learned.
- Assuring that critical spare parts are identified and stocked within the area and that consumed critical spare parts are replaced or repaired and returned to the appropriate warehouse.
- Supporting the Root Cause Analysis process and ensuring timely action item closure for any assigned actions
- Developing an understanding of basic plant operational management in terms of process, budgeting, reliability, maintenance, and personnel management
- Developing an understanding of the various types of equipment found in process plants such as compressors, pumps, electrical systems, process control and instrumentation, piping and vessels and heat exchangers
- As assigned by the Area Reliability and Maintenance Manager, performs engineering and managerial functions that could include:
- Conduct Training sessions on CMMS processes for Technicians at various plant locations
- Participate in the development and implementation of equipment specific maintenance plans from company standards
- Provide maintenance support for unplanned emergent events
- Continuous operational performance improvement management
- Represent the plant and/or area for turnarounds, commissioning, projects and general business meetings and events
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering required Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Preferred
- 7 years of experience with at least 5 years in maintenance planning, scheduling, and execution in a production plant environment
- Ability to travel 25-50%
- Excellent technical and clear communication skills with solid interpersonal skills
- Exhibited attention to detail and ability to challenge the norm
- Demonstrated ability to follow through to completion on projects and solutions
- Demonstrated exceptional operational safety leadership
- Self-started and self-directed with ability to manage multiple activities at once and achieve results with minimal supervision
- Knowledge and experience of predictive maintenance methodologies and technologies (Vibration monitoring, Oil Analysis, Thermography, etc.)
- Experience with CMMS system required, SAP PM preferred
- Experience with a project scheduling tool such as Microsoft Project required
- Proven experience in Root Cause Analysis, Cause and Effect or FMEA methodologies
- Air Separation experience and knowledge a plus
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Our client, a worldwide leader in the supply of chemicals and gases to the Chemical, Semiconductor, Power, Food & Beverage, Metals and Energy industries, is seeking a Maintenance Planning Engineer for the Southeast/Southwest region.
In this role, you will work beside the regional engineering team to plan all the turnarounds for their 32 regional chemical plants. You will be traveling 25-50% regionally with more travel during the Spring and Fall periods.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 125000
Salary Max : 142000
Currency Type : US Dollars