. As a key member of the Greenwood Reliability & Maintenance Team, the Instrumentation Engineer will lead the site in the continuing development and execution of the instrumentation reliability strategy.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in instrumentation systems. An understanding of maintenance reliability processes (criticality, predictive strategies, asset care, etc.), as well as in leading teams, both directly and indirectly, to produce reliability improvements.
In addition, this position will provide day to day instrumentation support for the site's Utilities department. The utilities systems include electrical power, steam, compressed air, chilled water, nitrogen and Therminol vaporization.
- Continued development of asset care strategies for instrument devices that provides significant return and ensures reliability and long term effectiveness.
- Defining Instrument reliability work scope for plant turnarounds.
- Create and maintain Reliability Improvement plans for Instrumentation.
- Encourage and promote a culture that is proactive and personifies innovative ways of solving problems driven by business profitability and bottom line results.
- Design and develop innovative practical solutions to maintenance, reliability and operations challenges.
- Serve as part of a company wide network of subject matter experts for instrumentation engineering.
- Solid fundamental understanding of Utilities systems and operating procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safe work practices to include Safety policies and procedures, OSHA and environmental requirements.
- Manage and improve the reliability of the site's instrumentation systems, creating significant value through improved performance and reliability.
- Support improvement projects to enhance Utilities reliability, maintainability, profitability and safe operations.
- Continuing development of established reliability engineering principles and best work practices for continuously improve with the Corporate Team.
- Refine developed of asset care strategies for instrument per devices using Corporate standards.
- Defining reliability work scope for plant turnarounds.
- Serve as a mentor and SME to junior engineers.
- As a site subject matter expert/leader, this position will partner with SME across the company to set the long- term strategy for building Instrumentation engineering, reliability and maintenance capability across the company
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, or related discipline.
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience in integrating instrumentation and electrical maintenance and reliability.Utilities
- Proven hardware/software development experience
- Prior leadership experience with the demonstrated ability to positively influence at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in Safety Instrumented Systems, IEC61511
- Experience and working knowledge of electrical distribution systems, steam generation, compressed air systems and chillers.Utilities
- Reliability software WeibulAnalysis, RCM, etc. recommended but not required.
- Creative, flexible, organized, technically connected, analytical and detailed oriented.
- Agility, resilience and tolerance for ambiguity and change in fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Engage and empower people, Set high expectations and gives clear direction. Drives and delivers performance. Leads with Agility.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative, servant-based leadership style.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent coaching and facilitation skills and high energy level in bringing employees and teams together.
- Demonstrated ability to apply Continuous Improvement Tools.
- Excellent understanding and experience with world class maintenance, reliability and engineering practices and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple complex projects.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering customer success.
- Strategic thought leadership.
- Knowledge and experience with preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Understanding and use of SAP as an effective maintenance management tool.
- Understanding of the maintenance work process.
- Maintenance and Reliability Professionals Certification or similar
Greenwood SC, Close and commutable to Greenville,SC or Augusta, GA. Lake Greenwood a highley desireable area to live,Lots of upward mobility. Leader in the field of High Performance Materials like Nylon 66.