This job is archived
The Manufacturing Engineer is primarily responsible for the daily operations of the manufacturing unit, providing detailed process and technical guidance for the Operations Team and identifying, developing, and implementing process improvements. This position is expected to provide onsite direction and communication with operations personnel.
- Utilizing A2E (Six Sigma) processes, drive and coordinate continuous improvement efforts for area performance.
- Lead all machine transitions, customer complaint investigations, and OEE tracking for the department.
- Drive unit performance to operational entitlement with respect to yields, usages, reliability, and quality
- Achieve annual operating productivity targets by maintaining a unit performance tracking program
- Maintain accurate accounting of all unit production losses and drive actions to correct
- Achieve measurable improvements in unit performance aligned to business financial objectives including raw material usage, energy usage, reliability, capacity, and quality
- Well-defined productivity plans (current year +1) and pipelines (5 years) for respective unit(s)
- Develop and maintain applicable dynamic operational entitlement models in order to understand best performance for any given set of conditions (production demand, catalyst age, etc.)
- Provide detailed process guidance for the Operations Team in the execution of the production schedule
- Evaluate daily performance and identifies and eliminates special cause variations
- Lead role in ensuring process parameters of existing process are in statistical control
- Through six-sigma, (A2E) approach, identify and reduce common cause variations in the product and process
- Assure clearly defined procedures and instructions are documented and issued to support the improvements developed by Process Engineers and Technology
- Oversight of operations in identifying opportunities for improvement
- Investigate and resolve process and product deviations
- Develop process changes to accommodate new products
- Provide support of and participate in project teams for facilities improvements
- Routinely interact with Manufacturing Operators and supervision, Maintenance Mechanics and supervision, Laboratory personnel, Project Engineering and Process Technology
- Maintain consistent product quality and customer satisfaction, reliable production volume and execution of the production plan
- Control manufacturing cost and improvement
- Achieve outstanding safety performance and consistent environmental compliance
- Reports to: Production Manager
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years post grad experience working in manufacturing plant or refinery Prefer Fibers and or Polymers Any experience in the Process Industry is OK
- Knowledge and experience with the following is desired: SPC, Provox DCS systems, PLC functionality.
- Safety and environmental policies, KMS, Aspen IP21, NWA and Operator training
- Basic understanding of PSM, SPC and ISO9001 is also preferred.
- Fiber Processing experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years chemical or fiber manufacturing and or polymers experience is desired
- Process troubleshooting
- Problem solving
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Time Management/Organizational skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Demonstrate ability to work as a member of a self-directed team
- Commitment to plant safety, environmental and industrial hygiene practices
- Strong computer skills including spreadsheets
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Location: Decatur Alabama. Major upgraded Fibers & Polymer group. Lots of upward mobility.