High Voltage Electrician
NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
We are seeking a professional like you to provide technical expertise to the Power Distribution Department by utilizing your experience in the areas of maintenance, operation, and contractor oversight. High Voltage orPower DistributionElectricians /Technicians are directly responsible forthemaintenance and operation activities for the Freeport, Texas sites electrical power distribution, transmission, and generation equipment. Responsibilities and qualifications include:
1. Providingthe sitesproduction facilities with a reliable, uninterrupted, and safe electrical energy supply.
2. Possess knowledge to author switch orders, switching and isolation procedures for sites distribution network.
3. Ensure all activities comply with site and OSHA safety rules and regulations.
4. Perform and supervise operation, maintenance, and installation of sites electrical equipment.
5. Provide support for sites Capital projects.
6. Perform routine substation inspections and enter work orders to address deficiencies.
7. Provide direct oversight of contractors, line crew, and testing technicians, to include safe work practices.
8. Obtain knowledge to operate sites Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition, SCADA, system.
9. Provide coordination and communication to sites utility supplier.
10. Communication with internal and external customers, engineering, maintenance, and construction
11. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs., with or without reasonable accommodations. Climb ladders and scaffold, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, twist, finger, grasp on a constantorrepetitive basisand be able to distinguish colors. Ability to work in extreme environmental conditions including excessive heat and cold, noise, and rain. Ability to physically negotiate the hazards of a new and existing process and construction areas.
12. Must be willing to work flexible hours, overtime, occasional weekends, holidays, and nights and perform call-in as required.
1. MUST live within45-minute drive of Freeport, TX due to on-call responsibilities.
2. High School Diploma or GED.
3. Minimum of3 years ofdirect and applicableHigh Voltage/Power Distribution experience.
4. Knowledge of and experience in testingelectrical equipment.
5. Experience withprotective relays, equipment protection schemes, andcommunication networks.
6. Experienceand knowledge ofNESC, NEC, NFPA 70E, ANSI & IEEE codes and standards.
7. Experience and knowledge ofAC/DCsystems, controls, schematics, one-line interpretation and relay three-line diagrams.
1. BSEET, A.A.S. Degreeor 10+ years ofPowersystem education or experienceis strongly preferred.
2. Minimum of 3 years of high voltage/power distribution, transmission, or generation experience.
3. Working knowledge of chemical or process plant equipment.
4. Mechanical aptitude.
5. CPR/First Aid, AED training.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Global Chemicals Company that offers excellent compensation and continued career growth.