Project Process Engineer
Our client is one of the fastest growing companies within their industry segment. We are currently seeking a key talent for the role of Project Process Engineer. As the Process Project Engineer your focus will be to
drive significant improvement in overall equipment effectiveness and operational excellence. Partners closely with Operations, Quality, and Engineering on introduction and integration of new products and processes. Specify, design, and execute a portfolio of projects focused on Capacity, Process and Cost Improvements requiring cross-functional partnering across multiple disciplines within the organization. Identify, analyze and solve manufacturing problems by recommending, evaluating and executing alternative cost-effective solutions that cover a variety of situations. Coordinate and lead activities of Manufacturing, Engineering, and Quality departments to successfully achieve timely cost effective goals.
- Develop and lead Engineering projects designed to reduce waste, improve process capability, process reliability, increase OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), improve quality and manage capacity as required.
- Develop data acquisition and performance measuring techniques to gather and analyze critical data necessary to execute actions that improve product cost, quality and manufacturing reliability
- Plan, resource and establish priorities and sequences for OEE improvement projects by Design of Experiments (DOEs) and related tools to optimize manufacturing process performance.
- Advise management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations, and develop recommendations and plans accordingly.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff, or other engineers as required.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- BS in Engineering required; Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Production manufacturing engineering with emphasis on OEE and Manufacturing process improvements, Process & Equipment Design, and Project management.
- Experience managing people and projects preferred
- Experience in a food grade environment (FDA, GMPs, HACCP) with high speed packaging equipment preferred
- Experience: Special Skills: Excellent computer skills, extensive Process and Packaging equipment design and operation, automation and controls (PLC, DCS, etc.) knowledge, solid analytical skills, demonstrated excellent interpersonal and Project Management Skills. Demonstrated proficiency in use of Process Excellence tools and Design for Six Sigma DFSS, (DMAIC, DOE, VSM, RCA, FMEA, etc.).
- Specialized Training: Lean 6-Sigma Green Belt certification or equivalent, Certified PMP preferred.
- Familiar with Auto-Cad/Draft site
- Team oriented individual
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience preferred
Our client is growing 15-20% each year. Great career advancement opportunities.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 100000
Salary Max : 120000
Currency Type : US Dollars