Responsible for specifying, implementing, maintaining, and updating plant process instrumentation and control systems to ensure optimum efficiency, availability, and safety; process control logic systems (PLCs and SIS), electronic and pneumatic instruments, device networks, and general project management tools.
- Manages and maintains plant process control system; understands all applicable process technology, equipment, unit operations, and control technology.
- Leads advanced troubleshooting, conducts root-cause analysis, and implements corrective actions
- Define and scope out instrument/controls requirements; establish control system design criteria based on engineering analysis and evaluation.
- Implements control system improvements thatensure manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, regulatory safety standards and user requirements.
- Develops and maintains PM and PdM programs for process control systems equipment
- Provides automation system design including power distribution, equipment specification, and instrumentation
- Provides skills and knowledge in Statistical Process Control (SPC) technology to maximize plant asset utilization and produce low cost, quality products.
- Orders parts and materials within SAP and communicates with vendor technical representatives
- Reviews control system spare parts inventory to cost effectively minimize equipment down-time/ensure high plant availability.
- Manages all plant process control projects and start up activities, including tuning of control loops
- Supervises outside contractor/technicians performing control system repairs/upgrades; ensures contractors work safely and adhere to safety regulations and procedures
- Lead or participates in Process Hazard Analyses, Management of Change, Pre-Startup Safety Reviews, and Incident Investigations.
- Initiates changes to operating procedures; ensure changes are valid and up to date.
- Provides annual budget input to the Process Technology Manager.
Required Education/Qualifications/Work Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering preferred
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing environment; chemical industry preferred
- Experience with Allen Bradley controls/programs, AC and DC drives; other industrial control components and devices.
- Experience programming and troubleshooting Rockwell Automation based PLCs with RSLogix software.
- Proficient technical skills including ability to utilize electrical meters, calibration devices and other electrical monitoring and troubleshooting tools; ability to read and understand electrical diagrams and drawings.
- Familiarity with flow meters, RTDs, pressure, Ultrasonic and radar level instruments.
- Green Belt/Black Belt trained in utilizing statistical tools.
- Strong Proficiency in MS Office;SAP knowledge preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
Global Chemicals Company - Offers competitive salary packages and career growth opportunity.