This job is archived
The Assistant Production Manager supports the Production Manager and has day-to-day responsibility for production activities & targets in the manufacturing environment. This includes safety, quality, environmental, housekeeping, availability, personnel management & development, and productivity. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for consumption of energy, raw materials & other materials used. This position reports to the Production Manager and will provide leadership to Production Shift Supervisors and Production Operators.
- Assures compliance with Company and Plant policies, health and safety standards, environmental regulations, hazardous waste, and housekeeping within audit targets.
- Promotes an accident- free workplace by conducting weekly safety meetings and encouraging participation and engagement. Additionally, promotes a proactive culture through identification and problem-solving solutions for near misses
- Provides active leadership on the production floor, stimulates teamwork, and conveys a positive work attitude through personal actions.
- Collaborates with Supervisors to maintain and increase production performance based on customer specifications and technical requirements
- Monitors and reports production KPIs, keeps track of deviations and puts countermeasures in place bring back to meet objectives. Reduce expenditures in materials, supplies, and waste.
- Assures proper maintenance of machines and equipment in the assigned area and recommends improvements in equipment reliability and processes.
- Collaborates with Technology, Maintenance, and Engineering departments to achieve area and plantwide goals.
- Coordinates all 5S and 3F activities and assist in the implementation of continuous improvement (Kaizen) activities in all areas of responsibility.
- Monitors and takes a leadership role in the quality performance of assigned areas using tools such as SPC and Process Capability (Cpk) tracks problems, and uses structured problem-solving methods, such as DMAIC and A3, to implement solutions and improve process yield.
- Facilitates positive communication with the entire team on a regular basis by keeping them informed of area and company changes, through verbal and written methods as well as conducting formal meetings.
- Administers transfers, disciplinary steps, performance reviews and participates in the selection and development of area colleagues.
- Evaluates manpower allocations and efficiency and suggest changes to improve productivity. Strives to minimize overtime and attendance issues.
- Monitor's performance of various operations versus task procedures and make recommendations to Area Manager
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (ME or EE preferred), Technical, Operations Management, or Physical Sciences is required
- 3-5 years experience in manufacturing environment (Preferred: heavy industry experience--Chemical process, steel, cement, paper or related industry, or military officer in logistics/equipment maintenance field)
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skillsability to communicate effectively up and down through the organization
- Critical thinking; Observational skills; Technical capacity, Problem solving/analysis
- Skills & training (mandatory): Basic PC skills Microsoft 365, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Experience in Continuous Improvement (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma) roles working directly with Operations teams
- Demonstrated experience in implementing or managing Operator Care & 5S on shop floor is a plus
- Professional certification: Certification in Lean or Six Sigma is desirable
- Skills & training (plus): SAP knowledge, Problem-solving Training, Reliability Based Maintenance Training
Great location! Company is a global leader in it's field! Wonderful opportunity for growth!