This job is archived
Reports to and supports the work of the entity CFO & Treasurer. Responsible for managing the daily operations of the Accounting Department to ensure that work is properly allocated and performed in a timely, accurate, and professional manner. Areas of responsibility include monthly closing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, taxes, and payroll. Scope of accounting work to include a wholly owned sales related subsidiary of the manufacturing parent.
Primary Activities & Responsibilities:
- Performs duties in accordance with the company Code of Conduct, applicable laws, regulations, and policies relative to the duties of the position.
- Directs and supervises the work of 3 direct reports.
- Provides redundancy for all subordinate positions.
- Reviews and audits for proper posting to ensure business transactions are properly recorded.
- Plans, oversees, and participates in period end close, account reconciliation, and reporting.
- Updates SAP product costing in conjunction with approved semi-annual budgets.
- Maintains updated and properly documented accounting policies and procedures.
- Governs accounting conformity to applicable company and statutory requirements.
- Ensures compliance with all reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Coordinates the supply of information and supporting schedules to satisfy both internal and external audit needs.
- Assists site and corporate Management with obtaining historical information as required.
- Tracks and reports on cost center level results versus budget.
- Provides for the monitoring and evaluation of accounts receivables to ensure credit management goals are achieved.
- Facilitates the release of and accounting for capital projects and resulting fixed assets.
- Provides for stable and accurate bi-weekly payroll processing and payment.
- Researches and provides guidance on non-routine issues as required.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum 5-7 years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- High levels of organization, people skills, and dependability.
- Experience with SAP and ADP software
Great company, a global leader in their industry! Wonderful location.