- Assist in coordinating pre/post turnaround machinery planning and contractor coordination.
- Responsible for supporting machinery preventative maintenance philosophy.
- Monitor the implementation of machinery related reliability action items.
- Take multi-disciplinary approach to projects that involve a high degree of interaction between departments, using own experience and outside sources.
- Maximize availability and utilization of process machinery at the optimum cost.
- Implement IMPACT and TOP investigation action items to ensure safe and reliable operation of equipment and the refinery.
- Provide improved technology through outside resources in areas of predictive and preventative maintenance.
- Interact with assigned business teams to optimize refinery performance through troubleshooting and monitoring of process machinery and support systems.
- Perform machinery research and make recommendations as needed.
- Serve as a project manager as needed for machinery focused projects.
- Recommend and apply economic evaluations such as cost savings, profit improvements, reliability improvements and operational improvements for machinery.
- Schedule, plan, and control costs of machinery projects within budget and schedule.
- Communicate progress and results related to assigned work.
- Assist in developing machinery related engineering standards.
- Support Process Safety Management Programs.
- Support Turnarounds through engineering package reviews, drawing reviews, and scope development during discovery.
- Provide technical support for Capital Project development and implementation.
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor to improve unit reliability through reliability focused maintenance.
- Provide mechanical and technical support to the area team and others throughout the refinery as needed including analysis of failed items, and recommendations of design changes to prevent repeat failures or extend run lengths.
- Work with the Inspection Department to perform fitness-for-service evaluation of items identified by the ongoing mechanical integrity program.
- Responsible for the management of change procedures for assigned mechanical changes.
- Lead or participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis investigation.
- Be a leader in the ongoing development and implementation of the machinery spare parts program.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related Engineering discipline required.
- 5+ years of refinery/industrial experience in machinery or rotating equipment role preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of API standards such as API 610, 612, 613, 617, 618, etc. preferred.
- Experience in rotating equipment (pumps, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, turbines, fans, and blowers) specifications, selection, shop testing, and field installations required.
- Experience in vibration analysis, preventative maintenance programs, and root cause failure analysis preferred.
- Experience with SAP is preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of assuming the lead role in the completion of machinery maintenance and shutdown work throughout the refinery.
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across the organization as well as for mentoring and consensus building.
- Ability to provide technical support as needed to a 24/7 facility.
- Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing of stairs and ladders required.
- Willingness to work around dust, chemical, etc. required.
- Ability to wear personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (hard hat, safety glasses, safety boots, and hearing protection) required.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
- Low Cost Of Living Area
- Opportunities WIthin Company
- Responsive Management
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 100000
Salary Max : 155000
Currency Type : US Dollars