The Finance Manager is responsible for driving productivity results, optimization of assets, and capital support at the assigned manufacturing facility.
Position Responsibilities Include Three Areas:
Financial Reporting, Technical and General Accounting and Internal Controls as follows:
- Preparation and review of external financial statements, footnote disclosures, management discussion and analyses in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Securities and
- Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations.
- Planning, performing and ensuring all key SEC financial reporting requirements including Form 10-Q, Press Releases, Form 10-K, Form 8-K and Proxy Statement are met in accordance with required timelines.
- Coordinating with various levels of management to accumulate data necessary SEC filings.
- Supporting other SEC filings and investor communications/presentations including quarterly press releases.
- Preparation of and reviewing schedules supporting various data points within SEC filings.
- Supporting the external audit and quarterly review processes.
- Technical and General Accounting.
- Provide assistance with the development and implementation of accounting and control policies and procedures.
- Review new accounting standards as they are issued and assist in determining applicability to the organization.
- Assist Director of External Reporting and Technical Accounting, Corporate Controller and CFO with technical accounting consultations and special projects as needed.
- Champion compliance and controls across the organization.
- Lead monitoring and certification of the SOX Framework.
- Partner with the commercial, manufacturing and functional organizations in improving processes and driving efficiency while maintaining compliance.
- Providing training and assistance in the remediation of control issues across company business processes.
- Pro-active monitoring and engagement of business process and company level controls within the SOX Framework.
- Lead Issue reporting for Senior Management and the Audit Committee.
- Perform business control risk assessments working closely with management to ensure compliance with key accounting and operating policies.
- BS Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Minimum of 2-5 years manufacturing and audit experience required.
- CPA is strongly preferred, MBA a plus.
- Big 4 accounting experience is strongly preferred.
- Minimal travel is expected.
- Internal Controls Experience.
- SEC Financial Reporting Experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven technical accounting skills.
- SAP and/or BPC experience.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Workivas Wdesk system and/or AuditBoard a plus.
Our client, a major chemical manufacturer of Nylon, Coatings and Solvents, with operations throughout North America, is seeking a Financial Reporting and Internal Controls Leader. This position will be based out of their Parsippany, NJ HQ and will interact very closely with the entire business team.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 135000
Salary Max : 170000
Currency Type : US Dollars