As a key member of our Specialty Chemicals Engineering team, the Program Manager works as a liaison between corporate business leaders, Manufacturing Engineers, and Operations group to ensure on-time and in-spec production of Specialty Chemicals products. A secondary responsibility will be to lead new process and new product development for both near-term and long-term growth opportunities within the Specialty Chemicals product portfolio. This position offers a challenging environment with opportunities for growth in technical experience and personal development.
- Ensure on-time and in-spec production to meet business demand.
- Work collaboratively with Site Leadership, the Manufacturing organization, production engineering, process engineering, support functions, and Specialty Chemical business leaders.
- Identify and develop process solutions which meet the performance and needs of the business.
- Utilize Six Sigma and Operational Excellence principles to drive process to entitlement performance in the areas of capacity, yields, energy, safety, quality, and sustainability.
- Support testing and implementing of new Technologies and processes.
- Develop creative process designs for new specialty chemicals business with phased capital approaches.
- Apply approved design practices, work processes, and design tools to develop innovative, cost-effective solutions.
- Work closely with project sponsor, cross-functional teams, and assigned project managers to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives.
- Works closely with Manufacturing Engineers, Business Managers, and Operations to optimize the economic performance of the Specialty Chemicals existing product portfolio.
- Works with Operations, Maintenance, and Reliability professionals to improve the reliability of the process unit(s) and to maximize OEE.
- Actively supports the site & area safety programs via participation (or leadership) in PHAs, LOPAs, MOC, incident investigations, resolution of action items, and other activities to ensure safe operation and regulatory compliance.
- Serves as the unit expert and provides technical counsel and troubleshooting assistance to Manufacturing Engineers, Operations, or customers as needed to deliver planned performance.
- Works with the Manufacturing Engineers and Operations to maintain all process documentation.
- Provides process design information for small capital and/or expense projects.
- Generates innovative ideas for process improvements and works with Technology, Process Engineering, and Project Engineering to screen such ideas.
- Conducts trials and experiments to validate the scale-up of new technologies, as well as to optimize processing conditions within operations.
- Reports to: Senior Engineering Leader, Specialty Chemicals
- Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering. Advanced degree considered a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of combined experience in production engineering, process engineering and program management within the chemicals/petrochemical industry.
- Knowledge of computer systems and software related to process control and optimization.
- At a minimum, candidate should have experience with Aspen suite of softwares (HYSYS), Excel spreadsheet functions with macros; JMP, SAS, or Minitab, or a similar statistical analysis program; and data collection programs.
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to innovate and creatively solve complex problems.
- Good business acumen. Experience developing business case highly desired.
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills. Ability to influence people at all levels
- Previous experience with capital project implementation highly desired.
- Proven technical troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can thrive in a team-based environment.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong business relationships.
- Proficient in the process design of equipment including pressure vessels, distillation columns, heat exchangers, pumps, compressors, control valves, atmospheric tanks, solids separation equipment, pressure relief devices, etc.
- Strong mentoring and coaching experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Wipe Film Evaporator desired but not required.
- Specialty chemicals process design high pressure hydrogenation reactors, solids separation, crystallization, centrifuges.
- Specific experience with Aspen Plus, Aspen EDR and AFT Software (Fathom & Arrow).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple work streams and competing priorities.
- Experience using Six-Sigma tools.
- Previous manufacturing experience and closure of PHA items.
- Process design of projects $500k - $100M
- Expertise and industry subject matter expert industry standards committees, AIChE, new process/product development, etc.
- PE license.
9-26-22 NEED CANDIDATES
Decatur is a medium-sized city with the benefits of both a small community and the resources of a larger city. Close to Huntsville and with easy access to major cities like Memphis, Nashville and Atlanta, the area offers a great mix of small town southern traditions, nice weather and a friendly community. The nearby population of engineers, working in high-tech defense and the space industry, provides diversity and has driven the local school systems to become among the best in the country. There are plenty of entertainment options including minor-league hockey, concerts, parks, and recreation on the TennesseeRiver
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 125
Salary Max : 140
Currency Type : US Dollars