The Polyamide Process Innovation Engineer will be responsible for designing and executing bench and pilot scale lab tests to develop processes enabling new polyamide products. Additionally, they will develop fundamental process and design data to enable robust, safe, and reliable scale-up into manufacturing production.
- Work with the technology product development teams to design bench scale processes for developing new polyamide processes and products.
- Lead new process development efforts based on innovative ideas.
- Sr. Manager, Polyamide Process Innovation
- Interpret results of experiments and report to key stakeholders.
- Develop fundamental polyamide process data to enable new polyamide polymerization processes (e.g. polymerization kinetics, phase diagrams, reactor designs, etc.)
- Lead the scale-up to intermediate scale semi-work equipment.
- Work with the technology product development teams to define quality specifications and the process to reliably meet them.
- Work with the manufacturing teams to define any equipment modification required to scale-up for full scale production, and to define the operating specifications.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering or Material Science required, advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in the chemical / polymers industry. Experience with Polyamide products, Preferably R & D
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, ideally successful translation of R&D developments into commercial production strongly preferred.
- Practical experience with product and applications development, and manufacturing operations preferred
- Desire a candidate who is both a skilled chemical engineer, especially in the area of reactor engineering, and a skilled polymer scientist, especially in the area of polymerization.
- Understanding of
- reactor engineering design
- reaction kinetics of condensation polymerization
- polymer science
- Basic understanding of statistics as it applies to processes and experiments. Experience with Minitab a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Confidence to make suggestions/ effectively influence others decision-making processes
Location Pensacola Florida, Sun Fun Year Around, Lots of upward mobility.