NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
Job description:Job Title: Maintenance EngineerSituation in organizationThis position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager and has no subordinates.Job DescriptionThe Maintenance Engineer position is responsible for establishing new and improving existing systems as they relate to Plant Maintenance. In this role, the engineer provides technical expertise that may be equipment based or repair technique based which impacts the availability and maintainability of the Beaumont facility. Collaborates with plant management, maintenance superintendent, maintenance & production supervisors, and maintenance craftsmen.Key Activities and responsibilities
- Leads root cause investigations as well as serves as a subject matter expert in equipment failures and repair techniques during root cause investigations. (15%)
- Leads maintenance efforts in providing technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs, and evaluating whether equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions. (15%)
- For equipment that is critical for the process ensures that work requests include engineering input on repair details such as clearances, tolerances, materials of construction, welding procedures, etc. and if necessary provide onsite/offsite technical support. (10%)
- Manage and directs the planning/scheduling of maintenance work using the work order system; coordinate equipment availability/resources. (10%)
- Support and coordinates outside services when needed to support the efforts of the mechanics. (10%)
- Implements measures to baseline maintenance performance and then improvement targets as they relate to cost, quality, downtime, etc. (10%)
- Ensures repairs, repair techniques, equipment specific training, are documented and made available
- Develops maintenance operating discipline. (10%)
- First technical responder to all mechanical failures. (10%)
Other duties as assigned: 10%
- Evaluates and Participates in developing the maintenance budget to support the maintenance strategy.
- As required, provides engineering input to work packages to ensure standards are followed.
- During development of turnaround, provides input on development of work orders particularly on critical equipment requiring engineering review or input, or repairs on critical equipment.
- Supports Maintenance Procedure Use Policy by assisting during technical reviews, creating, developing changes, checklists, etc.
- Actively participates in all Environmental, Health, and Safety aspects of the plant and ensures all safety procedures and programs are effectively being followed.
Qualifications:Required Education/Qualifications /Work experience
- This position requires a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing plant engineering/maintenance environment.
- The individual must be able to operate with a high degree of autonomy and self-reliance.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills are required.
- Strong computer skills needed.
- A high level of organization and the ability to prioritize is essential to success.
- Ability to change priorities in response to company demands while continuing to deliver results.
- Strong leadership and work ethic; ability to excel in a fast paced, multiproduct environment.
- Testing and troubleshooting
- Communicating effectively
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Global Chemicals Company ranked in the top 100 best companies to work for, offering strong compensation and continued career growth opportunity.