The Process Safety Engineer is part of the Safety, Health, and Environmental team, and is responsible for the overall coordination and management of Process Safety at the site. The position will lead and support Process Hazard Analyses (PHAs), Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPAs), Management of Change (MOC) process and Risk Assessments amongst others. The Process Safety Engineer will support driving the resolution of PSM issues by interfacing with plant personnel, leading Process Safety audits, and implementing company principles.
- Ensure safe operation and maintenance activities by managing all aspects of the 14 elements of PSM
- Facilitate Process Hazard Analyses (PHAs) and Layer of Protection Analyses (LOPAs) for processes to meet both internal and external regulatory schedule requirements while providing the necessary documentation, completing management reviews, and issuing reports to meet established deadlines
- Support PHA-LOPA action items in the scenario evaluation and challenge reviews to ensure alignment with company practices.
- Lead Management of Change program by participating in the gatekeeping, approval process and identification/resolution of opportunities for improvement
- Support and provide oversight for Pre-Start Up Safety Reviews (PSSR)
- Develop and implement a strategy for managing Process Safety Information (PSI)
- Collaborate with PSM Element Owners to develop goals and improvement plans for individual elements
- Develop and implement self-assurance activities at the site, including training, to maintain ongoing compliance and identify trends
- Maintain and update sites Risk Management Plan (RMP)
- Assess site policies and procedures to ensure that appropriate SHE risks, and compliance issues are adequately addressed then develop and execute action plans with site teams to close the gap
- Lead and support SHE and PSM incident investigations
- Participate in business planning processes, such as capital planning, so that current and future regulatory demands are included
BS in Engineering, Safety, Environmental Sciences, or related
Minimum of 10 years experience in PSM/RMP covered manufacturing facility
Minimum of 10 years safety-related experience or equivalent
Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience preferred
High knowledge level of all chemical industry policies and procedures, manufacturing processes, and products
Opportunity to work with a top 5 global chemical company, with a history of low turnover and high employee satisfaction. This company promotes professional growth and development. They have a 20% bonus target and offer full relocation package to the Northwest Ohio area.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 110000
Salary Max : 125000
Currency Type : US Dollars