This job is archived
Raw Materials Buying Specialist. It is a global role under the Companies Global Procurement Services (GPS). The occupant of this role is responsible to globally manage a number of sub-categories with an estimated annual spend between 50 150 million USD.
- Support global procurement category in developing and implementing global sourcing strategies that would support business unit profitability and growth thus resulting in a positive impact to the companys overall bottom line.
- Manage assigned suppliers, sub-categories and/or customer-base as agreed with the Global Category Manager.
- Develop business cases identifying scope; benefits & value creation, comparison between previous & future spend (investment), critical success factors and business challenges.
- Challenge existing business concepts and sole/single source situations (status quo) for betterment of the business by sharing strategies with Company Business leaders and internal stake holders.
- Contribute to drive continuous improvement (entrepreneur role) and new global market innovations (i.e. Emerging Market opportunities) within boundaries set by the Global Category Manager.
- Develop global agreements and execute it across all regions
- Drive and influencing change management through various cross functional teams across multi-SBUs
- Be a link between internal customers and suppliers management for quick response to internal supply challenges
- Drive global compliance to legislation, standards and requirements.
- Manage the process of global vendor approval in line with long term growth and business strategy.
- Interact and maintain regular contact with sites end users, senior managements, SBU Managers to continuously align sourcing strategy with business needs.
- Manage key negotiations & maintain appropriate business relationship with Senior Management of key Manufacturers, Suppliers supplying to region to ensure supply continuity, in a timely and quality manner and intervene to resolve issues to minimize business disturbance and impact.
- Carry out benchmarking, market research/intelligence activities.
- Price forecasting/Budgeting of major materials.
- Customer and Supplier relationship management. Improve customer satisfaction levels.
- Bachelors Degree (MSPreferred) Engineering, Finances, Supply Chain or Business Administration
- 10 years experienced in the petrochemicals or in an industrial environment
- 3 years experienced of managing a similar function in a petrochemicals or industrial organization
- SAP User Proficiency in communication
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to develop relationships and influence at all levels of the organization
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Opportunity for growth in this role. Excellent company culture. Global. Growing. Excellent Benefits