Job Title: Sulfur Services Manager
A key member of a business group operating in a fast-paced environment for the delivery of product and services involving both a predictable steady core demand in the customer base as well as a highly dynamic, multi-project, multi-location service to oil refineries. This role is the primary focal point for forecasting, planning, scheduling, and monitoring the deployment of people, product, and equipment necessary for order fulfillment of products and field services for the petrochemicals and oil refinery markets. This includes recognizing and predicting resource constraints during times of increased activities. The Sulfur Services Manager works together with the broader Sulfur Services field team, Sales Account Managers, Third Party Services Providers and Customers to meet order requirements.
FORECASTING DELIVERY OF PRODUCTS AND FIELD SERVICES (15%)
- Obtain forecasts and assimilate the forecasts into master planning and scheduling tools
- Maintain customer order schedule for standard deliveries and solicit forecasts from customers
- Monitor status of service projects deployed and adjust resource mix of drivers, equipment, and products as appropriate.
- Work with Market Manager throughout the month to understand monthly targets and update demand volume projections considering customer order changes and deviations from established targets.
PLANNING, SCHEDULING AND EXECUTION (50%)
- Verify resources required for each field services scope (e.g., delivery equipment specifications, service equipment requirements, technicians/teams required, product specifications and volumes) as provided. Ensure all requirements satisfy customer requirements.
- Maintain comprehensive forecast of field services projects to allocate product, equipment, and personal resources to meet job requirements
- Anticipate, prepare, and resolve equipment and resource conflicts and develop necessary contingency plans.
- Manage and update planning tools to align on job scope and requirements
- Communicate directly with 3rd party providers to ensure job timing and requirements are met.
- Serve as the primary Company contact for subcontractors and carriers, managing changes required and adjusting for any deviations including facilitating team meetings
- Adjust the assignment of resources across all Companys Proprietary Program activities as appropriate.
JOB COMPLETION (15%)
- Monitor completion dates of Companys Proprietary Program jobs in order to ensure monthly targets for invoicing are met and/or adjusted accordingly
- Assist in the preparation of Billing Summaries for field services projects
- Prepare all services invoicing and processing of Company invoices to customers in SAP.
- Manage and process accounts payable for services invoicing.
- Complete all necessary SAP workflows, including Service Entries, for payment of invoices
SUPPLY CHAIN ACTIVITIES (10%)
- Support Services team with Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order needs
- Compile all necessary paperwork for the setup of new vendors and ensure completion of vendor set up in SAP
- Work with supply chain in support of Sales and Operations planning
- Closely monitor product inventories
SUPPLEMENTAL TO PROJECT COORDINATOR (10%)
- Serve as back up for Logistics Coordinator for various tasks including but not limited to:
- Data entry as required (job entry, sales orders, invoicing, etc)
- Update and monitor planning tools
- Effective communication with customers and 3rd parties
- Advise carrier of discrepancies or concerns regarding driver assignment
Minimum Requirements and Core Competencies:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Supply Chain/Logistics or Business required.
- 5+ years of experience including logistics or supply chain related field transportation, equipment, inventory, production, forecasting, and customer service, etc.
- Proficient in computer applications including SAP and Microsoft Office
- Practical knowledge of transportation, terminal operations, and associated technical areas preferred. Ability to plan and execute jobs consistent with customer needs, at optimized cost
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with multiple levels of the organization and external contacts and customers
- Strong prioritization skills and drive to accomplish all activities and overcome any barriers to meet all critical timelines
- Customer relationship management is a key component of the position including working with customers through issues, providing live support to the customer
- Effectively interact with support groups (particularly IT and Logistics) and requires sophisticated knowledge of systems and operating equipment and the ability to communicate in these terms
Global Chemicals Company - Offers competitive salary packages and career growth opportunity.