A key member of a business group operating in a fast-paced environment for the delivery of product and services involving both a predictable steady core demand as well as a highly fluid, multi-project, multi-location service to oil refineries. This position manages the entire sales order, logistics and shipping process for all customers across the business, schedules, and tracks Companys proprietary program jobs, assigns Companys proprietary program technicians and equipment necessary for each job scope and manages the logistics and loading operations from our third-party bulk chemical terminal. None of these activities is mutually exclusive and requires synchronization to meet each customers delivery scope.
The role is integral to our customers business continuity. Greater than 90% of deliveries are associated with achieving a process start-up (e.g., Companys proprietary program) or are necessary to maintain 24/7 continuous process operations where a failure to deliver timely may interrupt customer operations potentially creating environmental issues at the customer site. Activities of this role are time critical and include routine contingency planning with the service group and carriers, strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and ability to modify work schedule to address shifting priorities. Close monitoring and forecasting of start and completion dates of jobs. This role functions within a strong team environment, supported as necessary by Sales and Field Services functions.
Minimum travel is required at one to weeks per year. 24 x 7 access is required; expectation of work outside of normal business hours and monitor mobile phone off-hours.
- Sales Order, Logistics and Shipping Process Management (Domestic and International) (35%)
- Enter all customer orders in SAP and in logistics planning and dispatch tools shared with our third-party carrier and bulk chemical storage terminal.
- Communicate directly with customers to confirm orders and coordinate any schedule adjustments we may encounter in order to meet carrier availability and unique equipment specifications.
- Manage the entire SAP process from Order Entry to Invoicing for DMDS Tank Delivery customers including order creation, delivery creation, completing all necessary and accurate delivery paperwork and completing post goods issue when applicable.
- Scrutinize each PO for discrepancies (e.g., price, payment terms), ensuring that all order entry and invoicing matches PO requirements to ensure on-time payment
- Manage all export orders including necessary order entry, carrier selection/notification, invoicing, shipment cost doc, etc.
- Prepare logistics contingency plans to address delivery delays, cancellations, or changes to the schedule. Communicate directly with the customer regarding any changes, as appropriate.
- Work directly with third party carrier to assure the assignment of drivers is completed for all orders, and matched with the appropriate skill set of drivers required (e.g., Companys proprietary program technician, standard chemical driver)
- Follow up with carrier for necessary return paperwork for billable quantity of product and invoices, crosschecking the information provided to ensure proper billing to the customer
- Monitor invoicing from carrier to ensure all invoicing is accurate and work with carrier to resolve any discrepancies in cost
- Prepare all paperwork for product returning to US from Mexico or Canada to ensure all border control requirements are satisfied to avoid delays in return of the product and equipment. Supply all documentation to carrier.
- Third Party Terminal Management (25%)
- Review current delivery plan, prepare, and submit daily loading schedule to Terminal Operations
- Coordinate with carrier to identify specific equipment paired with each loading spot on the terminal loading schedule
- Act as first point of contact from our bulk terminal and carriers related to any schedule deviations or loading issues
- Plan orders for customer loading considering in-bound bulk chemical vessel deliveries to the terminal tank and blackout periods for the period that the bulk vessel discharges to the terminal tank.
- Plan and schedule pre-loading of trailers and rail cars for inventory control as required based on the volume of inbound vessel delivery to avoid ocean vessel demurrage costs.
- Plan and schedule pre-loading of trailers in anticipation of emergency customer requests that may be received over weekends and holiday periods, and for planned or emergency operational outages at the terminal.
- Provide direction to our carrier for transloading as may be required to meet product and equipment specifications for orders
- Coordinate loading activities with the terminal operations and our carrier as part of hurricane/tropical storm preparedness procedures
- Companys proprietary program Services (30%)
- Maintain SAP orders and Companys proprietary program planning documents current by updating with latest customer delivery schedules based on inputs from the field services group and Sales Account Managers
- Based on information from Account Manager, verify product, equipment, and personnel requirements on planning tools to ensure requirements are available for requested on site date.
- Communicate directly with Service Specialists and Account Managers for any job timing updates
- Work with carrier to review assignment of drivers and technicians to ensure there is adequate technician coverage based on customer requirements as well as necessary additional drivers to ensure all product is on site as requested. Advise carrier of any questions, discrepancies, or concerns.
- Track and document deployment of technicians and delivery equipment for each Companys proprietary program job to establish a record of dates of the job mobilization for field technicians, drivers and equipment, execution period and demobilization of same in support of the invoicing process.
- Other Activities (10%)
- Participation in weekly Companys proprietary program project planning meeting and periodic logistics meetings held to allocate resources between Companys Odorants and DMDS/Companys proprietary program businesses
- Routine cross verification that all orders and deliveries are scheduled and assigned to deliver as needed
- Accounts receivable: Proactively review customer invoice due dates to verify payments are on track, or to troubleshoot invoice approval and payment process with the customer.
- Back-up Sulfur Services Manager position (e.g., cross train on chemical vessel management, inventory management, invoicing for Companys proprietary program jobs, vendor invoice payment)
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Business or engineering related discipline required.
- 5+ years experience in logistics or supply chain related field loading and delivery scheduling, transportation, specifications of logistics equipment, inventory, forecasting, qualifying resources, etc.
- Proficient in computer applications including SAP and Microsoft Office
- Practical knowledge of chemical transportation, HAZMAT related rules, bulk terminal operations, and associated technical areas desired.
- Strong competencies needed in communication, organization/ prioritization of work, problem solving, decision making and exercising sound judgment.
- Must be pro-active and results oriented and able to work with positions of diverse disciplines internally and externally to achieve results
Global Chemicals Company - Offers competitive salary packages and career growth opportunity.