Work in a team to provide oversight of Direct Tax functions in all jurisdictions within the AMR region. Partner with business in direct tax projects and transactional support.
- Facilitate direct tax oversight of operations for all COMPANY business in countries of operations within the region and outside the US.
- Ensure, monitor, measure and report regionally accurate and timely direct tax compliance and any related direct tax risks, proposing mitigation actions, together with the Tax Planning and Risk Management team.
- Support the operational relationship with direct tax authorities across the AMR, including the conduct of tax audits.
- Assist with the optimal resourcing of direct tax operations, including efficient and effective use of external advisers and technology; co-develops, manages and monitors the budget and spend on resourcing direct tax operations.
- Identify & implement direct tax optimization opportunities in line with COMPANY's Code of Ethics, the tax mandate & policies.
- Facilitate the optimization of direct taxes for COMPANY business in its countries of operations within the AMR.
- Assist in assessing and implementing processes that continuously improve the sustainable efficiency and effectiveness of COMPANY's direct tax position, including the cost-effective management of direct tax resources.
- Support the direct tax compliance and local optimization of COMPANY's Global Enterprise Model.
- Partner effectively with SBUs and Corporate Functions in direct tax projects and transactions.
- Bachelor's degree and MBA, Masters, or equivalent degree in a relevant subject preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in direct tax.
- Detailed working knowledge of US Direct Tax. General understanding of Latin America local country direct tax preferred.
- Experience in the direct tax function of large multinationals and/or Big 4.
- Professional qualification such as CPA, JD or LLM in Tax Law a plus.
- Solves unique and complex technical, managerial and stakeholder problems that have a broad impact on the business from global to country or local entity level.
- Fluent in written and spoken English; multiple language ability an advantage.
- Strong influencing skills, high adaptability, and cultural awareness.
- Strong analytical skills supported by technical expertise and excellent written and oral communication skills.
One of the world's largest, diversified chemicals company. A career with this Company provides you with an opportunity to leave a lasting positive impact to the world and yourself. From excellent health and well-being benefits to their comprehensive learning programs. They offer a wide range of benefits and offerings that recognize that their people have unique motivations and ambitions. Its all about matching what matters to you with what matters to them.