- To create, grow, and maintain sales of industrial gas products and technical solutions to new and existing customers in Chemicals, Energy and Environmental Industries
- To be the technical expert that differentiates the company from competition and drives profitable sales using the their sales process for both the acquisition of new customers and the growth and retention of existing customers
- Differentiate company's equipment and solution offerings from competitors by understanding prospect/customer needs and objectives and applying creativity, innovation, and a value-added sales approach to improve customers manufacturing processes
- Supports the sales and market segment personnel (e.g., opportunity qualification, design of technical solution and determination of value creation, understanding of customer/prospect feedback regarding solution, support in development of solution cost, proposal development for technical solutions) in winning business in a team effort
- Gaining understanding of competitive gas supply contract terms
- Maintaining the existing customer base through customer process knowledge and technical expertise and assists in relationship selling
- Responsible for obtaining insight regarding industry trends and opportunities for development of new application technologies or improvement of existing equipment
- Building relationships with multiple functions (e.g., operations, maintenance, engineering) in prospect/customer organizations
- Developing and employing industry network (e.g., industry players, complimentary equipment/service providers, academics) to enhance prioritization and performance
- Responsible for applications equipment/technical solution design for the target industry working closely with the Applications Equipment Engineering team and Industry Manager Global technical team
- Responsible for actions that are precursors to successful value creation through application of technical solutions such as customer process audits, and safety training and awareness activities Maintains technical knowledge and competence in company's applications technologies and services as well as alternative and competitive technical solutions.
- Bachelors degree in engineering (chemical preferred) with a minimum of two years experience in developing or selling equipment, applications into chemical processes or at chemical customer sites
- Business development/commercial experience and/or aptitude is required. You must have strong problem solving and analytical skills including good conflict resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are a must
- Preferable having worked in a chemical, pharmaceutical, oil & gas, energy, or air/water environmental industry system-related engineering, consulting companies with chemical process equipment
- Direct work experience working in manufacturing of chemical, or energy industry a plus
- Prefer experience demonstrate customer process insights in chemical, air & water treatment, and/or oil & gas processes, own contribution to projects, business development and demonstration of working in a team environment
Our client, a worldwide supplier of chemicals and gases to the Industrial Manufacturing industry in areas like Food, Chemical, Power, Metals, Combustion, Semiconductor, 3D Additive Printing, and more, is looking for a unique individual. The ideal candidate is 50% engineering and 50% sales.
As one of their Applications Sales Engineers, you will be responsible for selling value added technology based applications in collaboration with the Account Managers. This includes: prospect evaluation, technical solution design, value creation and capture determinations, proposal writing and presentation, process change management leadership, and support of the account manager in closing the deal. This role is going to support the account management team throughout the Midwest and will have regular and extensive travel (50-75%).
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 95000
Salary Max : 105000
Currency Type : US Dollars