The Civil Site Designer will work closely with the land development team to design and produce construction drawings for land development projects within the residential, commercial and municipal construction sectors.
- Prepare construction drawings for land development projects within the residential, commercial and municipal construction sectors. Plans typically include roadway, grading, drainage, water and sewer plans and profiles, and detail sheets.
- Interpret sketches and markups and apply revisions.
- Produce and manage drawing sets.
- Prepare exhibits as needed to communicate intent in meetings or reports/studies
- Design of residential, commercial and municipal projects related to grading plans, street profiles, sanitary designs, pollution control plans, storm water management, highway occupancy, and utility permitting.
- Obtain and interpret reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs and tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic data.
- Assists in the analysis of engineering problems related to current projects.
- Demonstrates understanding of design standards, construction specifications and safety standards by contributing to discussions around project progress and site inspections.
- Assist a Licensed Surveyor with preparation of topographic survey maps, boundary surveys, subdivision plans, and various exhibits and drawings. The majority of your time will be spent in the office, but occasional field work may occur.
- Work with AutoCAD and Civil 3D software
- Utilize processing survey data
- Qualified candidate will have experience in design for land development and property survey projects related to Land Development, Commercial, Residential or Municipal.
- Bachelors degree in civil engineering
- Microsoft office 365 environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong professional presence and leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively both on teams and independently on assigned projects.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
(We will discuss compensation with you in our first conversation)
Top compensation in Pittsburgh for Civil Engineering!!
Training and professional growth opportunities abound!
Friendly, welcoming and fun working atmosphere.