This job is archived
Our client is a well-known specialized manufacturer who is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their growing team. This role can be based in Northern California, Seattle, or Chicago, and is responsible for identifying, qualifying, and creating new leads to maximize market potential and generate sales in select areas.
What Youll Be Responsible For:
- Creating marketing and new entry strategies and analyzing potential business markets.
- Establishing connections and building rapport with new business accounts and partnerships.
- Attending trade shows, providing product demos, and referring qualified customers to appropriate business operations.
- Quoting prices and credit terms and preparing sales orders for completion.
- Overseeing and managing both Sales Representatives and Estimators to ensure organizational targets are being met.
- Preparing business transaction reports and supporting managers with budgeting forecasts.
- Developing new distribution strategies and future growth opportunities.
- Analyzing sales programs and implementing continuous improvement efforts.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Post-Secondary degree in Business Administration or Marketing.
- 7-10 years of direct experience in a Sales Management capacity.
- Knowledge of retail and/or wholesale sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Very strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze sales operations and implement new strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain lasting relationships.
- Ability to travel between the U.S. and Canada.
- Previous experience with Sage software would be considered a strong asset.
- Strong cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting experiences.
- Coaching/mentoring mindset with demonstrated abilities in building teams.
Whats In It For You?
- Competitive Base Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- RRSP with Matching
- Sales Commissions & Profit Sharing Available
- Company Vehicle or Auto Allowance Options