50% - Workforce Development
- Further develop workforce development strategy and plans, leveraging existing efforts, existing and future commitments to the states of New Jersey and New York, and meeting company core values and business plan goals
- Identify and track all existing or upcoming offshore wind workforce development plans in New Jersey and New York, and more globally in the US East Coast
- Identify, secure approvals for, and implement new strategic relationships with suppliers (including Tier 1 and local businesses), academic institutions (including but not limited to; community colleges, universities, trade schools, academies, and high schools), associations and unions
- Develop strategy and guidelines for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in workforce development in collaboration with the Staffing Manager. Manage the process of identifying and implementing initiatives and programs to attract and build a diverse workforce.
25% - Public relations
- Collaborate with external affairs team and Staffing Manager to make excellent introductions with regards to local workforce and local business opportunities for the public, engaging local institutions in these efforts
- Represent Atlantic Shores in State and local working groups on workforce development
- Reach out to academia and present offshore wind opportunities and career path to the future workforce
- Lead planning and executing of project Meet the Buyer events to connect local businesses to major offshore wind suppliers, or represent the company in similar events led by suppliers or State agencies
- Coordinate with local municipalities to help design and implement any outreach and offshore wind training programs for students and future workers
- Work closely with local business partners and business associations to develop relevant opportunities to become part of the local and national offshore wind supply chain
20% - Interface
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, including Staffing Manager, executive management and leads, to identify long term staffing needs over the full span of an offshore wind project development spectrum (from initiation to decommissioning)
- Leverage staffing plans to support the workforce development strategy, promote apprenticeships and internships as well as retraining opportunities and skill upgrades (for experienced workers) and work with our Tier-1 suppliers to enable this strategy for the company portfolio, including Project 1
- Work in tandem with the HSSE and Staffing teams to jointly create a training matrix for required offshore wind qualifications, arranging training partnerships with labor suppliers, local/remote training centers and ensure local training and development of the workforce
- Develop and issue internal and external reports as required
- Support the contract, procurement and legal teams with the identification and implementation of contracts between labor organizations and ASOWs major contractors, including project labor agreements and other comparable agreements if necessary.
5% - Other duties as assigned by the Business Development Manager
Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters degree in a commercial, education or business-related field
- 5-8 years experience with stakeholder engagement and management, preferably within workforce development and/or learning and development
- Familiarity with local regulations for New Jersey / New York, as well as deep understanding of the political spectrum of target markets and communities
- Experience in contract negotiations (preferred but not essential)
- Working knowledge of labor organizations and legal framework is a plus - in particular knowledge of NJ and NY state laws, union labor framework and prevailing wage requirements
- Outstanding interpersonal oral and written communication, presentation skills required
- Highly motivated, self-starter, ability to work well with others and be a good team player
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple people from all types of fields of expertise
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural context and a fast-paced JV environment
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of organizational skills
Ability to travel every month to parent office for 3-5 days at a time.
Preference for base location in NJ or NY.
50% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. Approximately 40% of the time is spent meeting with external stakeholders or at workforce development events, in offsite workshops or visiting other company or parent offices, or training.
The Workforce Development Lead will lead and take ownership of various initiatives and future workforce programs, to attract, retain and develop a local workforce in target markets New Jersey and New York, as well as support the wider US offshore wind industry. They will work closely with internal and external stakeholders, suppliers, academia, community colleges, associations as well as unions to positively affect the chances of supplying the offshore wind industry and portfolio with a skilled and dedicated US workforce.