The Finished Products Manufacturing Manager is the leader of the combined Paper Machine organization at a large, fully integrated Pulp and Paper mill. The individual in this role will have overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operations of a 2 paper machines, 2000 ton per day coated paperboard manufacturing operation, including equipment, processes, and people within the paper mill, stock and coating preparation areas.
JOB FUNCTIONS:Job functions include but are not limited to the following.
- Leadership of safety, environmental compliance, employee engagement, hourly and salaried team development, process productivity, efficiency and reliability, department financial performance to include cost management and annual budgeting, final paper quality, and capital planning.
- Direction of technical, maintenance and reliability resources that support the business unit to meet production and mill financial goals.
- Provide supervision and leadership for the safe and efficient operation of both paper machines.
- Lead the front end of the mill to deliver commitment to safety, environmental compliance, quality, productivity, and EBIDTA results while ensuring the mill adheres to Company core values (Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork).
- Work closely with Sr. Manufacturing Manager, Resident Mill Manager and corporate leaders to achieve full alignment of manufacturing plans with strategic goals and business plans
- Ensure that manufacturing capabilities meet or exceed all industry and customer requirements for cost, quality, and responsiveness
- Provide leadership, coaching and development for a series of direct reports to include department managers and functional leaders
- Manage personnel development and performance management programs in accordance with company guidelines
- Work and develop relationships with organized labor to create joint accountability for facility results. Administer and implement labor relations through consultation with Human Resources and Mill Managers
- Demonstrate situational leadership in the implementation of problem solving strategies and execution of key performance objectives in the production of quality finished product.
- Develop and manage budget execution with a focus on product manufacturing costs and operating margins.
- Lead in strategic and developmental planning for input into mill planning efforts as appropriate
- Ensure departmental environmental regulation compliance. Fortify sound environmental stewardship amongst all department team members through awareness, accountability and training.
- Conduct routine inspections of operating areas, check project completion status, review operating logs, check abnormal equipment operations, optimize work efficiency, ensure good housekeeping, make safety observations, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Clear record of safety / environmental leadership, commitment and results.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to groups and individuals at all levels of the organization.
- The successful candidate must exhibit proven ability to self-manage in a dynamic, fast paced environment. Lean Implementation experience and knowledge of six sigma principles will also be needed.
- Strong commitment to reliability and use of manufacturing excellence tools/work systems to ensure sustainability of progress.
Executive Management Skills:
- Self-starter and team player who thrives in a fast paced, challenging environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, organizational, analytical, strategic planning and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership Skills:
- Equally comfortable in front of employee groups as well as senior management presentations
- Track record of attracting, developing and retaining talent
- Ability to properly engage workforce in day-to-day operations, projects and transformation efforts
- Effective at influencing and negotiating with a variety of stakeholders and constituents to include organized labor, regulatory agencies, non-government environmentalists, customers and corporate staff
- Successful track record of working with organized labor
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (EE, CE, or ME), Pulp and Paper Technology, or related field.
- Advanced degree or continuing education programs in both technical disciplines and business is desirable
- Master degree in relevant/related field is a plus
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 8 years experience of paper mill leadership experience, preferably in an integrated facility paper mill with a portion of that time working directly with the paper machines. Prior manufacturing experience in the production of coated paper/board greatly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of paper mill equipment and systems.
Great opportunity for a paper professional. Great company with outstanding relocation and benefits. Bonus is also included.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 160000
Salary Max : 195000
Currency Type : US Dollars