The Sr. Quality Engineer will be the lead quality person at the site with 1 incoming quality and 6 inspectors. This person will be responsible for overall quality, scorecards, audits, process control. Benchmark their processes at sister facilities, will have minimal travel. Ideal you have six sigma blackbelt or greenbelt, otherwise excellent statistical and good problem solving skills, root cause analysis. Lean experience also ideal. Future opportunity to move into this being a Quality Manager role.
- DMAIC methodology (define, measure, analyze, improve, control)
- Teach the Q@S methodology and application to the facility
- Data mining and root cause analysis
- Reliability / repeatability (Gage R & R) and measurement system analysis
- Lead Black Belt Projects and key process improvement teams
- Develop Green Belts and teach and coach tool use to all associates and assure application on in the production setting
- Develop & implement process auditing / measurement systems for internal / external processes
- Build prevention into the development of new products / processes using Quality Engineering concepts
- Uses teaming approach to get things done, supports process teams.
- Checks satisfaction of internal / external customers through use of quality tools and Customer/Supplier metrics
- Enable and support the Total Training Plan, work instructions and procedure creation and control, and Teaming Systems in the facility
- Audits WI and Plant Procedures for effectiveness and accurate use
- Kaizens lead and participate in kaizen events
- Deploy lean tools and techniques to solve production issues
- Identifies waste and rework and enacts plan to improve/solve
- Uses teaming approach to get things done, supports process teams on both quality and process improvements
- Support and track step 6 and 7s from team process improvements as part of the 7 step process
- Ensures that Engineering changes and capital improvements meet timelines and desired outcomes
- Minimum - Bachelor's degree in technical discipline
- 4+ years relevant work experience, 5 years of Quality Leadership at a Plant Level
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead through teams as well as be effective team members of a facility management team.
- Knowledge of the application of statistical tools for problem solving, process measurement, process control, and process improvement. For example: SPC, Design of Experiment, Process Capability, and Gage R&R).
- Working knowledge of Minitab statistical software (or similar) and adept with Microsoft Office products (including MS-Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and Project Manager).
- Experience in quality management systems and Total Quality Management concepts.
- Lean Manufacturing tools.
This position will report to the Plant Manager and is the #1 quality person at this facility. Dotted line reports to V.P. of quality. Opportunity to be promoted into a Quality Manager role. My client will provide relocation and will transfer an H1B Visa.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 90000
Salary Max : 105000
Currency Type : US Dollars