Buyer/Planner - New Production Facility - Medical Devices
The buyer/planner has primary responsibility for the negotiation and procurement of production components related to the manufacturing of class 1 medical devices. The buyer/planner will also ensure the supply chain and planning requirements are sufficiently scheduled within budget and scope.
- Procure materials, equipment and services necessary for manufacturing product.
- Using JIT, Kanban and other management techniques, plan, schedule and monitor production requirements.
- Maintain company MRP/ERP supplier systems.
- Working with engineering, meet material requirements and production scheduling.
- Evaluate bids consistent with the total cost.
- Develop and implement supplier management initiatives.
- Work with new and existing suppliers to negotiate price, lead-time and delivery.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Experience with inventory control and supply chain management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Detail oriented, highly motivated, and diligent
- 4-year college degree (Bachelors) in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or equivalent
- CPM and Lean certification is a plus
Our client company is an international market leading medical device company focusing exclusively on Class 1 products.The company has a strong 50 year presence in the industry and is experiencing rapid growth. They are constructing a new production facility in Central Texas to offset overseas production. This is an opportunity to build a process and team from the ground up. This position will be responsible for developing a full site plan as well as having significant input on their team. Great opportunity to work for a great company in a very high demand location!
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 60000
Salary Max : 80000
Currency Type : US Dollars