The Senior Accountant will be an integral role within the Accounting and Finance function. This role has responsibilities with month-end and year-end close, variance analysis, working with our AP, PO, and T&E systems, assisting in our year-end audit, and maintaining internal controls and adherence to policies. In addition, this role will work cross-functionally to identify and implement process improvements and efficiencies to support the needs of the growing business.
- Facilitate month-end close accurately and with tight deadlines.
- Prepare and post month-end journal entries.
- Review and assess accuracy of accruals.
- Prepare month-end balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Identify and resolve balance sheet and P&L variances and issues affecting the US Business unit.
- Partner with FP&A on variance/OH analysis, cost center reporting, and preparation of a full financial package.
- Help supervise junior accountants.
- Review company balance sheet and provide insight to inventory, depletions, and other accruals.
- Review and approve invoices in our accounts payable system (LaserFische).
- Become an expert in our T&E system (Concur) which includes all new hire training, approval hierarchy updates, system enhancement projects, and troubleshooting as needed.
- Maintain PO system, including PO review & approvals, system upgrades, and updates to the approval hierarchy.
Audit, Controls, and Ad-Hoc
- Enforcement of our T&E policy; address policy related issues with all employees.
- Maintain internal controls and assist in rolling out a robust audit program across the business unit.
- Provide support for year-end audit activities.
- Participate in finished goods audits throughout the year.
- Calculate Sales & Use Tax as needed.
- Issue 1099-MISC forms.
- 4- 10+years of Accounting and Reporting experience, CPG or Food/Beverage company preferred
- A CPA is preferred.
- Audit experience is from a professional audit firm is a plus.
- Team player with strong communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint).
- Experience with databases and ERP systems such as Cognos and QAD.
- Experience with T&E systems, such as Concur, would be beneficial.
High growth company is adding headcount to their team: two Accountants, Senior Accountant and Accounting Manager. This individual will be a part of the expansion and refresh the team is going through to best support the business. Will have an impact and a voice as the team re-evaluates their policies, procedures and controls. Opportunity to make impact on team and business in a supportive, collaborative team.