35 – 40 • yearly
NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
Our client in the education space is looking to bring on a Payroll Specialist on a full time basis. This is a contract opportunity expected to last between 8-12 months.
PAYROLL CONSULTANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience with full-cycle payroll including hiring, terminations, 401(k) deductions, payroll taxes, garnishments, benefit deductions, multiple state experience, knowledge of state labor laws, etc.
- Review timecards for problems; contact relevant supervisor to correct problems
- Submit payroll for direct deposit, print checks
- Process new employees and terminations as needed
- Participates in technical payroll accounting activities; maintenance, processing, analysis and auditing of automated payroll data.
- Ensures that weekly and bi-weekly payrolls are completed in accordance with applicable local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Respond to employees payroll questions.
- Reviews and responds to wage and employment verifications.
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to employee personnel records, photocopying, faxing, typing, etc. Maintains filing system for all payroll records, benefit information, personnel files, etc. Completes and maintains I-9s.
- Communicates and follows up with internal departments to resolve issues and determine methods for expediting problem payments.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor. Assists with special projects as needed.
- AA or BS Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a related discipline preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Word and Excel. Knowledge of various payroll software is helpful.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience leading or being involved with a payroll system conversion a huge plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in high-pressure, high-volume environment.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
This is long term contract and a great opportunity to work with a growing organization in San Francisco.
Salary Type : Hourly
Salary Min : 35
Salary Max : 40
Currency Type : US Dollars