NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
- The Controls Technician (CT) is primarily responsible for assisting the Controls Engineers with the startup, debug and testing of industrial automation hardware and software. This includes both at company facilities as well as in the field at customer sites. The CT will also support customers and field service team by providing phone and in person support to troubleshoot and recover from operational disruptions beyond companys standard field service capabilities.
- Provide engineering support on system start-ups, troubleshooting, customer acceptance & project close out as assigned
- Provide support (phone, remote, in-person) to field service technicians / engineers for troubleshooting
- Manage controls contractors when on customer sites to prioritize tasks and keep on schedule
- Work closely with customers, project managers, mechanical engineers, machine manufacturing personnel and field service to provide systems and solutions that exceed our customers expectations and specifications
- Provide electrical design, PLC, HMI, and/or robot programming support for projects within the expected project timeline
- Assist in the mechanical and electrical assembly of systems as required
- Bachelors degree (B.A.) from college or university in Electrical Engineering, Technology, or Mechatronics, or equivalent military training
OR Equivalent industrial capital equipment experience, and five plus years of related design & project/program management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in any of the following controls platforms: Rockwell Automation, Siemens, Beckhoff, and Bosch Rexroth
- Ability to troubleshoot issues using PLC Logic and Electrical Drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid passport, ability to travel internationally
- Ability to write reports, proposals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Materials Resources Planning systems (AXAPTA and/or SAP)
- Customer Relationship Management database products (SalesForce)
- Robot Controls Platforms: FANUC, KUKA, ABB, and Motoman/Yaskawa
- Servo Soft Application Sizing Software
- Knowledge and understanding of: Electrical, Pneumatic or Lubrication Schematics (North American & European Standards)
- Industrial automation electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic controls and PLC/HMI panel designs
- Industrial Safety, including OSHA/MiOSHA, UL/CSA/CE, RIA Robot Safety Standards (ANSI RIA 15.06 2012 and related Risk Assessments), EU Machine Directive, CMSE Safety Certification
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
- Global, dynamic company, who is a leader in their field.
- Strong executive leadership with a focus on employee growth, retention, and teamwork both within and between departments.
- Excellent training with Manager plus other senior members
- Long term career opportunity with a clear advancement path
- Will work with top engineers
- Can advance through Design to a leadership position requiring less travel
- As a junior engineer will always have a senior person with them onsite in the field
- Stable team
- Wide variety of projects, customers, industries and applications
- Benefits are exceptional