This job is archived
(Archived) Director of Engineering
The Director of Engineering will report to the President and will be directing and working with an engineering team that is designing, testing, and working directly with customers on custom engineered components. This is a very visible position giving this Director of Engineering a lot of autonomy with the ability to make an impact on the company's short and long-term strategic objectives.
The Director of Engineering leads the engineering team responsible for producing highly engineered parts for high voltage insulation applications in the U.S. electrical grid. The Director of Engineering is also responsible for overseeing the design, development, testing, and production of products while ensuring they meet industry standards and customer requirements.
- Lead and manage a team of engineers responsible for designing and producing high-quality parts for high voltage insulation application
- Develop and implement engineering strategies, goals and objectives to achieve business targets
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure product quality, performance, and reliability
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in product design, materials, and manufacturing processes
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the engineering team
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to drive commercial success and growth
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the high voltage industry, preferably with experience in designing and producing high voltage insulation parts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and interact with customers
- Commercial aptitude and ability to understand customer needs and market trends
- Experience in developing and implementing engineering strategies, goals, and objectives
- Understanding of relevant industry standards and regulations
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Join an organization that manufactures engineered component parts that are used in a variety of industries including Electrical, Medical, Transportation and Defense. This organization is looking to hire Director of Engineering who enjoys being in the weeds while developing and implementing engineering processes on a strategic level. Very visible position offering this Director of Engineering the ability to impact short term goals and long term business objectives.