Senior Electrical Design Engineer, Hybrid - Job Order 3229
On-site work in Paoli, PA, some remote
(Must be able to commute to Malvern for several weeks during board bring-up). The computer work can be done remotely
$140K+, market value, stock options
My client is a technology leader delivering high-performance fabrics for High Performance Computing (HPC), High Performance Data Analytics (HPDA), and Artificial Intelligence (AI) for the purpose of delivering interconnect solutions that enable their customers to optimally apply vast computational resources to solve the worlds toughest problems.
Position responsibilities include:
Along with software engineering, mechanical engineering, and marketing, develop Platform level architectures and board level design requirements, schedules, and cost targets.
Develop system/board architectures to implement the products.
Evaluate and select components to support the design goals.
Develop the necessary engineering documentation to support the designs.
Develop the design files (schematic entry, FPGA code, source code, etc.) to implement the designs.
Support the layout of the designs.
Support software engineering to integrate the software.
Support the system test department on product qualification.
Support compliance and regulatory testing.
Work with the mechanical, software, system test, and manufacturing departments to assist in moving the product into production.
- BS or MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- 8+ years of experience with Platform/test card specification, design, debug, and bring up in lab.
- Demonstrated strength in digital board design, basic signal integrity, board layout tools, and schematic capture tools (ORCAD, Cadence, Mentor Graphics).
- Demonstrated strength with system level debug and determining root cause of technical issues.
- Demonstrated strength with lab equipment including, but not limited to: DMM, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Cadence* Concept* schematic and Allegro* Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools.
- Experience with board power distribution.
- Experience with high speed signals such as PCIe, DDR, etc.
- Experience with FPGAs, programmable logic devices (PLD), and Verilog.
- Experience with programming languages such as: C, Visual Basic, Perl, TCL, RTL, and others.
- Experience with Signal integrity simulation tools.
- Experience with Power integrity tools.
- Familiarity with timing analysis and functional simulation.
- Completion of several board and system development projects.
Established company that has been spun off from a much larger company so they can function as a startup although they have been in the market for decades. Stock is available. The salaries should be good.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 140000
Salary Max : 155000
Currency Type : US Dollars