This job is archived
(Archived) Product Development Engineer - Controls
Product Development Engineer - Controls
We have been contracted by a privately held, cutting-edge lighting company that is rapidly growing. They create a wide range of indoor / outdoor white products and controls for the distribution and specification markets. Furthermore, they provide premium products to a variety of sectors. They establish themselves from the competition by innovation, reasonable prices, and quick delivery.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer who will focus on developing new control systems, designing, testing, and launching new products. You will be responsible for creating system architecture, working with management teams, defining new product requirements, and mapping the requirements into technical performance specifications. You will work closely with Manufacturing Operations to bring new product designs through prototyping, testing, certification, and product launch.
- Ensure product design integrity by reviewing designs, recommending actions, providing solutions to technical challenges, and providing overall electrical technical leadership.
- Create system architecture, combining lighting, controls, and services.
- Define, organize, and maintain server file structure of SSL specifications, CAD files, design documents and revisions, bills of materials (BOMs), etc.
- Evaluate and select the electrical, mechanical, thermal, optical, and semiconductor components determined to be optimal for design and manufacture of SSL products.
- Continuously review and evaluate new SSL technologies, competitor products, and SSL products (including field failures and customer returns).
- Help optimize supply chain, manufacturing cost reduction, quality control, and resolution of any product issues.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 5+ years of related industry experience, lighting or controls experience a plus.
- Strong lighting controls experience.
- Programming experience with structured text, C, C++, Java script.
- Experience with PLC programming to IEC 61131-3 standard and other system controls standards.
Contact us if you are ready to be part of a committed team forthe long term.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Get the opportunity to work in a rapidly growing technology company with room for expansion.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 70000
Salary Max : 110000
Currency Type : US Dollars