Staff Software Engineer (2 openings)Charlottesville, VA
Our client is a leader in the test and measurement industry and has a long history of innovation and technology leadership. For many years they have been designing software to meet the unique and challenging requirements of their products. They offer a stimulating fast-paced environment where everyone is a contributor. The Software Engineers will play a key role in full product lifecycle design. If you want to be an impact player and work with other extremely talented engineers, this might be the place for you.Two positions are open- can be junior to intermediate (MS and 1-5 years or experience---we will also consider recent MS or PhD graduates) or senior-level 8-15+ years of experience.
Self-driven and talented Staff Software Engineers are needed to join global engineering team to develop wireless communication protocol test products. You should be open-minded, a quick learner, and understand and define complex architectures and solutions. Candidates with prior knowledge of data communications products, protocols and principles, test equipment, computer systems, electronic, general engineering practices, and computer programming principles are preferred.Individuals who are promotable are greatly desired.
- Develop real-time intensive software in C++, C, C#, Python, or other selected languages to enhance protocol test equipment for wireless communication technologies, such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Zigbee, Thread, and more.
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
- Develop and test against product requirements and industry specifications.
- Create unit and functional tests for newly implemented features to ensure their quality.
- BS or MS in EE, CS, Math, Physics (MS preferred) with experience in software development.
- Advanced understanding of Object-Oriented programming on Windows, macOS, and/or Linux.
- Should be very organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Experience developing software from definition through to test; knowledge of or interest in learning wireless communication protocols (Bluetooth, WiFi, etc.);
- Knowledge of network communication protocols, such as Bluetooth, 802.11.
- Experience with collaboration tools and configuration management tools, such as SVN, GIT.
- Experience with designing and implementing user interfaces in Qt.
- Experience with working in an Agile development environment.
Outstanding opportunity to work with a very supportive manager and team. Great technology-driven company with outstanding work/life balance and benefits. projects. will be an impact player and learn.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 80000
Salary Max : 135000
Currency Type : US Dollars