This is an on-site position in Syracuse, NY. Must be at least a US permanent resident to apply.
Join an exciting new team responsible for creation and implementation of strategic direction of the ERP system and its ancillary applications.
You will gather requirements from business partners across all divisions and translate those requirements into a corporate data solution as it relates to our ERP platform. The successful candidate seizes the opportunity to stay current with the latest technologies and trends to identify and present opportunities for improvement to the team with a focus on providing top quality data solutions to our customers. They will become a trusted and vital resource across the company by acting as a subject matter expert to mentor and assist data consumers with their reporting, visualization, data model and KPI needs.
The successful candidate will be a highly creative, self-motivated individual who is eager to learn and support our data solutions.
- Build trust and respect, through establishing relationships with technical and non-technical team members.
- Consults frequently with technical and non-technical team members to ensure a complete understanding of their needs and concerns.
- Become the SME on new technologies available with a move to a cloud-based ERP solution and create the strategic roadmap for the BI functions.
- Create documentation and training materials that will assist the BI team through the implementation of ERP upgrade.
- Provide source-to-target mappings and information-model specification documents for data sets as it relates to the existing solution, as well as thecloud-based ERP solution.
- Create best-practice reports based on data mining, analysis, and visualization.
- Work with the BI team to evaluate internal systems for efficiency, problems, and inaccuracies, developing and maintaining protocols for handling, processing, and cleaning data.
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye for what drives business performance, investigating and communicating areas for improvement in efficiency and productivity.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain our existing BI solutions including but not limited to Tableau visualizations and the Microsoft BI stack, Reporting Services, Integration Services and Stored Procedures.
- Work closely with BI team to understand existing analytical needs, including identifying critical metrics and KPIs, and deliver actionable insights to relevant decision-makers.
- Identify data integrity issues and work with IT and business stakeholders to recommend and implement solutions to ensure data is clean and credible to support strategic decision-making.
- College degree (associates or above) or two to five years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Proven analytic skills, including mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization.
- Knowledge of and adherence to common best practices to ensure the stability of production environments while adding value and content toBI offerings.
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to gather all facts and maintain an objective stance when in unpredictable situations with employees and management.
- Proven knowledge and experience working in a manufacturing or service-oriented environment that uses an ERP system for transactional data generation.
- Familiarity with an ERP system a plus.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
SOLID, long-standing company
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 70000
Salary Max : 75000
Currency Type : US Dollars