Our client is hiring a Principal Data Engineer to lead the architecture and buildout of their data strategy. This person will work cross-functionally to identify opportunities, unlock siloed data and develop data pipelines in the Google Cloud Platform.
The Principal Data Engineer will establish data engineering best practices, standardized pipeline patterns, and excellence in data quality, classification, and governance across a growing team of engineers, analysts and data users. This multifaceted role will require the right blend of engineering expertise, leadership, execution and operationalization, and superior communication skills.
What will you do?
- Develop data architectures and reliable, low-maintenance pipelines to unlock data value from Salesforce, PeopleSoft, ADP, and other business-critical systems
- Lead the charge on establishing best practices for data engineering, data dictionary and classification, and data quality
- Interact with data and enterprise architects from other organizations to discover and share patterns and practices that accelerate value delivery
- Be the go-to expert on the business data and how to use it
- Educate engineers, product managers, analysts, and users on data best practices
- Model continuous learning by staying up on data systems, strategies, and best practices in Google Cloud Platform and SaaS platforms
- Provide technical leadership for a high-speed, low-drag data engineering team
- Establish and maintain a culture of quality, innovation, and experimentation
What do we require from you?
- 6+ Years of experience in data engineering
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years in Google Cloud Platform data pipeline enabling systems like DataProc, DataFlow, Pub/Sub, BigQuery
- Experience with Apache Beam or Apache Spark
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Experience mentoring engineers, analysts and users on data best practices
- Proven expertise in delivering data pipelines to production with instrumentation and monitoring
- Experience in data warehouse and data lake design
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills
- Solar or energy-related industry experience
- Masters Degree in a technical or quantitative discipline relevant to data
- Experience working with enabling product analytics data via tools like Hotjar, Amplitude, and Google Analytics
- Experience with real-time streaming data
- Familiarity with machine learning and operationalizing ML models
- Expertise in microservice architecture and implementation using REST, gRPC or GraphQL
- Experience building visualizations in Tableau
We strive to direct our words and actions toward the teams best interest. We believe that its OK to disagree, and encourage our people to stand up for what they think is right. Effective differences of opinion from diverse perspectives and backgrounds bring about better products and better companies.
We take pride in our work. From on-time hardware deliveries to market-leading technology to beautiful branding, we strive to optimize and get the job done right.
Generous perks for employees:
Take Time Off When You Need It
- PTO of 15 days plus up to 4 floating days per year in addition to a generous holiday schedule.
- Up to 6 weeks of PTO is available for parental leave.
- We also cover up to 10 uses / year of back-up care at Bright Horizons and $15 / child per day for center-based care.
Boost Your Retirement Savings with 401K Match
- We offer a 3% employer basic match regardless of your contribution.
- When you contribute 6% or more, we make an additional 4% employer contribution.
Find Insurance That Fits Your Needs & Budget
- Medical, dental and vision coverage available in a marketplace model including HSA/FSA plans for pre-tax savings.
- $50,000 basic life insurance policy is provided by us at no cost to you.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 170000
Salary Max : 190000
Currency Type : US Dollars