- Ensures maximum reliability and uptime of the SCADA system, 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.
- Installs, configures, and supports SCADA applications to provide the required level of functionality for Company operations.
- Supervises SCADA Technician(s) in installing, configuring, and supporting SCADA applications.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of database, network and reporting systems associated with the primary and backup SCADA control centers. Provides scheduled and non-scheduled installation and maintenance on computer systems.
- Maintains applications that support or are supported by the SCADA system. These include applications for pipeline product management, simulation training, alarm management, leak monitoring, database management, etc.
- Works with the Measurement Analyst on the creation and distribution of operational data reports.
- Investigates, analyzes, and corrects complex SCADA systems related problems. This includes determining if the problem is related to computer software, computer hardware, the network, communications or outside factors.
- Works with Cybersecurity and NJRIT on security and system upgrades to the SCADA system and network.
- Assists the Measurement Analyst, Measurement Technician, and I&E technicians with troubleshooting.
- Stays abreast of industry regulations and updates and maintains a high level of technical proficiency to proactively support the needs of operations.
- Provides ad hoc reporting of SCADA data from active and historical servers and maintains requisite data.
- Responsible for management of Control Room Management (CRM) software: TiPS Logmate reporting.
- Develops SCADA operational pages, creates system reports and maintains historical and real-time databases.
- Provides reports and operational data to various departments and/or agencies.
- Interfaces with O&M personnel in support and enhancement of SCADA systems and coordinates system upgrades to minimize operational impacts.
- Responds to emergency calls and call-ins on a 24/7 basis.
- Supports and implements appropriate SCADA security measures. Maintains computer hardware, communication equipment, and other associated technology. Makes software and hardware improvements as necessary. Coordinates with IT as needed.
- Maintains hardware/software asset lists; assists in the development and implementation of departmental SCADA procedures such as making back-up copies of control programming. Ensures consistent configuration, protocols, and procedures are used in the SCADA network.
- Communicates effectively with supervisors and managers to assure that the service delivered meets the needs of operations.
- Oversees the installation, configuration of remote telemetry units, switches, and routers. Monitors the same for any errors or failures and addresses accordingly.
- Updates, maintains, and troubleshoots Windows OS. Troubleshoots network communications failures and directs the solutions. 24x7 support required.
- Assists Engineering and Operations in developing pipeline automation procedures.
- Coordinates SCADA and IT services vendors to resolve issues requiring external support.
- Reviews, designs, tests, and implements SCADA graphics changes as requested.
- Supports the Pipeline Training Simulator and link to SCADA and assists with the development of training simulations.
- Schedules and monitors annual security audits on the SCADA system. Addresses security issues per company guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Performs related job duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other related field, or the combined equivalent in education and experience
- A minimum of five years of experience working with SCADA control systems and/or related Operational Technology systems
- Experience with OSI PI, MS SQL, TELVENT Oasys or DNA, Cisco ISO, and TCP/IP networking and security as well as scripting and programming experience is preferred
- Must have a thorough understanding of network topologies, SCADA network protocols, database development and Control Center needs associated with data acquisition in control center operations
- Proficiency in MS Windows server and desktop operating systems
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience with Telvent OASyS DNA SCADA Systems or related architectures
- Experience with SCADA protocols including Modbus, OPC, DNP et.al
- Experience working with pipeline SCADA control systems
- Experience with HMI setup and maintenance
- Valid PA drivers license or the ability to obtain this in a timely manner
- Approximately 20% travel required in support of other NJR Storage and Transportation facilities
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Fortune 1000 company
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 120000
Salary Max : 125000
Currency Type : US Dollars