Responsibilities to Include:
- Unload products from containers and inspects for visual Coordinate the filing of a damage claim, if required, with the logistics department.
- Open boxes and verify the count of material against packing list to determine if there are shortages.
- Store products by location numbers and record the location for retrieval.
- Pick products for orders and for transfer to other warehouses, recording the serial numbers.
- Call carriers and transports to book deliveries and complete accurate SOL/Waybill Scan shipping documents for invoicing purposes.
- Work with purchasing to resolve problems and/or discrepancies associated with receipt of goods.
- Record receiving, storing, and issuing information and provide to purchasing.
- Assist the Operations department, as required, in coordinating maintenance work within the the facility.
- Place orders for shipping pallets and warehouse supplies, as required.
- Perform repairs to any damaged wooden crates and re-crate goods.
- General housekeeping of the warehouse facility, sweeping concrete floors.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company Standards, the Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by the organization into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions)
- rotating shifts
Desired Skills & Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and zero to two years of related shipping or warehousing activity experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Certified forklift operator for both counter-balance forklift and stand-up reach
- Must have experience in Raymond Reach Truck
Our client, a world leader in manufacturingis seeking a Shipping and Receiving Clerk for their Toronto, Ontario facility.