This job is archived
- Generate recommendations for environmental processes/programs to meet and improve upon the environmental program and SMEP requirements. The guarantee of the site's compliance with regulations and internal requirements is sustained.
- The site has relevant and comprehensive environmental risk analysis and action plans.
- In the context of design projects, technical transformations of equipment or building changes, the position of the site Environment specialist is well defined and formally communicated to the project team.
- The sites current operating variances are analyzed and deliberated; expressly with CO2, VOC, waste, water, pollution topics. The necessary notification is produced and distributed.
- Best practices are shared internally and with other sites. The site Environment specialist participates in or leads the business meetings of this network.
- The annual review of the site is presented by the Environment specialist during the SMEP Management Review of the site.
- The Environment specialist is a leader in the domain in site events: steering committees, environmental agreement, training.
- External (environmental government structure) and internal partners are identified, and the Environment specialist is the site's ambassador in these networks.
- Coordinate and conduct environmental audits to verify conformance with the SMEP standards, applicable environmental laws, and regulations
- Compile necessary data, documentation, and correspondence to comply with environmental regulations and SMEP requirements
- Respond to requests for information relevant to environmental issues from persons inside and/or outside the company.
- Oversee implementation of allocated programs by Michelin personnel. Provide work standards to production employees concerning environmental requirements.
- Develop and deliver relevant and effective training to employees.
- 3 or more years production experience
- Knowledge of environmental regulations
- Skill in interpersonal communications, negotiations, and conflict resolution to allow successful implementation of environmental programs.
- Experience in developing and/or updating environmental plans, permits, and standard operating procedures
- Experience working in the environmental compliance field at a manufacturing facility
- Experience with environmental management systems
- Experience with Clean Air Act regulation including permitting and compliance activities
- Experience with the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- Experience with wastewater sampling and operation
- Experience with Storm water Regulation
- Experience with Office 365 tools
This position is with a global OEM tire manufacturer working on their off-road tire, wheel, track and undercarriage systems. Great opportunities for growth and development. World-class organization.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 65000
Salary Max : 65000
Currency Type : US Dollars