We are a privately owned and operated waste management company based in Austin, Texas. Our growing company is seeking new leadership from the Controller position which will oversee all accounting and many finance responsibilities related to our operations. We are seeking a candidate with a strong background in financial reporting, financial analysis, GAAP compliance, and most importantly, staff development and management. Our people are our most cherished resource!
Responsibilities are to include:
- Responsible for preparing and analyzing the monthly, quarterly and annual financial and operating results
- Manages the daily operations of the accounting department. Takes a hands on approach to operations, general ledger, payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable, financial statements, asset and balance sheet management, and tax compliance.
- Leads, develops, and coaches an accounting department staff. Selects, orients, and trains by working with accounting department personnel. Communicates job expectations and reviews employee job performance based upon the companys core values.
- Appraises the organization`s financial position, makes recommendations to management regarding capital purchases and cost reductions, and issues periodic reports on the organization`s financial stability, liquidity and productivity.
- Directs and coordinates the establishment of departmental budgets and prepares long range financial forecasts.
- Analyzes financial labor and operational data/performance metrics - communicates findings and risks and make suggestions to improve
- Establishes and maintains contacts with outside accounting groups, lending institutions, insurance agents and attorney consultants.
- Prepares and analyzes the month end financial statements.
- Participates in ongoing efforts to drive cost and waste out of the organization.
- Supports the President and leadership team in developing and executing business strategies in support of the companys growth.
- Builds relationships by partnering with operations, sales, and all business departments.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum seven (7) years' experience performing duties similar to those described
- Preference for candidates who hold an active CPA license
- Preference for candidates who have previous experience in the waste, logistics, or transportation industries
We are a rapidly growing waste hauling and disposal company with an eye on helping our customers achieve strong ESG scores in the short and long-term. Our team of professionals have a wealth of industry knowledge and achievement and a track record of advancing the careers of each other through planning and execution of a team-first strategy.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 120000
Salary Max : 130000
Currency Type : US Dollars