Manufacturing Engineering ManagerOur client provides engineering-based, end-to-end manufacturing
solutions for customers in industrial-consumer, military & aerospace and
medical industries with prototyping, stamping, molding and custom
The team partners with customers to develop, validate and manufacture
products leveraging Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Six Sigma
expertise to ensure optimal function, reliability and safety. From
concept through production, providing everything from surgical jaws to
The ideal candidate would have experience with stamping and injection
molding processes of small scale products, understand geometry and 3D
scans with leadership experience.
- The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will be expected to
simultaneously oversee multiple high impact projects.
- You will be expected to lead change, contribute new ideas, and find
innovative methods to accomplish goals.
- Work with tooling/outside suppliers/inhouse personnel performing
analysis of situations or data and develop in-depth evaluation of
- Acts independently, and exercises judgment within broadly defined
practices and policies.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- You will be expected to have the ability to get things done through
people that do not report to you.
- You will also need to have the ability to work through adverse
situations while building and maintaining good personal
- On-site, regular, reliable attendance is required.
- Responsible for development, implementation, and maintaining
methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of
parts, components, subassemblies, and final assemblies, as well as
test procedures, programs, and training. Estimation of manufacturing
cost, determination of time standards, and makes recommendations for
tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
- Execution and refining of build sequences
- Evaluate the manufacturing effectiveness of a build process and
implement improvements to meet build cycle times and product design
- As required, maintain records and reporting systems for coordination
of manufacturing operations.
- Test and qualify components and processes. Work with suppliers to
improve incoming material quality and acceptance.
- Interface with engineering in coordinating the release of new
- Read and interpret design drawings, schematics, and perform simple
updates of models or drawings using computer-aided design
- Major objectives may include improving manufacturing operational
efficiency, optimizing product design, qualifying replacement
components, improving product quality, improving customer
satisfaction, and reducing manufacturing costs.
- Must be an adept and experienced problem solver who is able to
determine root cause of difficult issues. Must be able to implement
effective solutions in a timely manner
- Strives to continuously improve processes in order to achieve
optimal efficiency for manufacturing operations.
- Supports the introduction of new products into manufacturing.
- Reviews engineering designs and documentation for completeness,
clarity, and manufacturability.
- Evaluates and qualifies new suppliers.
- Interfaces with Product Development to define and implement
manufacturability criteria, develops procedures/processes for
assembly test procedures including fixtures, during the development
- Ensures designs, documents, and procedures have been validated in
manufacturing prior to production release.
- May perform and document field failure investigations, identify root
causes, and participate in corrective and preventative action
- Coordinate with upper management to align with overall goals
- Ensure the engineering team and other functions work together
- Ensure that project/program/departmental milestones are et and
adhere to approved budgets
- Recruits, interviews hires and trains new staff in the department
- Oversees daily workflow of the department
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelors degree in engineering
- 10+ years experience in high tech manufacturing environment
- Management experience with engineering staff of 10 to 15
- Experience in molding, precision metal stamping and assembly is a
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Analytical problem-solving abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Privately held, growing organization in business since 1976. Team has great overall tenure.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 110000
Salary Max : 130000
Currency Type : US Dollars