This job is archived
The Director of Manufacturing will be based near one of the US manufacturing plants. 50% travel is required, including to Canada and Mexico.
Home base can be in:
- Waterloo, NY
- Milton, PA
- Pottsville, PA
- Long Valley, NJ
- Lamar, SC
- Coordinate and oversee daily operations of 6 manufacturing plants and 200 MM lbs of production
- Oversee management of all areas of manufacturing to produce products
- Direct activities to ensure products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives
- Assist officers and senior staff in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Develop the manufacturing plan to establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations.
- Direct and monitor department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures.
- Act as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
- Drive Continuous Improvement activity at plant level
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing management, in a Steel manufacturing industry a MUST.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a significant segment of a large manufacturer.
- BA/BS in industrial, mechanical or business administration, Engineering Manufacturing, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline.
- Experience working with manufacturing-based technology, Manufacturing Systems/ scheduling software, processes and principles.
- LEAN Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience required.
- Welding experience is required
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Great company with multiple plants, pick your location where to be based!
Excellent benefits, bonus potential. Travel.