The VP of Financial Reporting will report to the President and be a key business leader responsible for Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis, cost control, asset management and business decision support. The Controller will collaborate with senior management to position the business for financial growth and efficiency, and to ensure that the company meets or exceeds its financial commitments. Responsible for maintaining accurate financial records and effective financial processes, systems and controls to ensure compliance with Corporate policies and procedures. Oversees the Accounting and IT departments.
Work closely with Senior Management, Manufacturing Organization and Sales team to improve the company's financial performance.
Oversee monthly accounting close process and timely and accurate reporting of financials to Corporate. Ensure statements correctly reflect the companys financial position in accordance with GAAP.
Review financial results and key financial metrics with senior management. Assess and quantify risks, monitor the execution of deliverables, recommend and implement action necessary to improve profit and financial position.
Lead the development of annual Business Plan and monthly Profit & Loss forecasts, including monthly margin forecasts.
Support senior management in the evaluation and execution of New Business opportunities. Prepare financial analysis to support Customer Quoting process and investment decisions. Work with Sales & Marketing to optimize payment terms. Ensure compliance with all applicable FAR and CAS clauses.
Evaluate Capital Expenditure requests and validate return on investment.
Perform pricing analysis and audit to ensure compliance to the company's Pricing Policy.
Support functional leaders to achieve Productivity/Cost Improvement commitment. Proactively promote cost and headcount controls.
Effectively manage Working Capital with focus on Inventory, Trade Receivables and Trade Payables.
Evaluate financial processes and systems to drive continuous improvements in efficiency, internal controls, and reporting capabilities.
Maintain internal accounting control and SOX compliance. Support internal and external audits.
Responsible for staff development, training, evaluation, coaching and succession planning with a team of 5 people.Create a workplace that fosters teamwork and strengthens communication within and outside the department.Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Accounting. Minimum of 7 years of progressive Accounting and Finance experience in Aerospace and Defense Industry preferred
- Background and expertise in Government Finance from the Defense & Aerospace industry, with strong command of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and other related regulations.
- Experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Accounting and Cost Accounting required.
- Understanding of US Government procurement and contracting, Cost Accounting Standards, and FAR
- Demonstrated ability to thoroughly understand a business's strategy and determine linkages to financial initiatives and drivers. ? Proven experience of developing, implementing, and executing a strategic plan through people leadership and leveraging continuous improvement tools and processes.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to lead cross-organizational teams and peers.
- People leader and change agent energized by opportunities to further the business.
- Able to manage people, projects, and tasks ensuring appropriate responsiveness and priority.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop, and retain associates within the finance organization.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact at all levels within the organization and influence processes across multiple functions and stakeholders.
- Good judgment and strong critical thinking skills.
- Highly computer proficient, including advanced capabilities with Excel.
Able to comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulation
CPA / Public accounting experience preferred.Why is This a Great Opportunity:
This is a division of a large public aerospace company. This position will lead to a Group Controller in the future. Stock options are part of the compensation package and are very attractive.