This job is archived
This is a dynamic aerospace company that designs and manufactures electromechanical controls commercial and military applications. Recognized as experts in our industry for over 70 years. We are a fully integrated manufacturing company which takes responsibility for the success of our business and acts quickly to implement new ideas and projects to ensure company growth.
We have an exciting opportunity for a top-notch Finance professional with expert knowledge of accounting and financial principles, regulations, and best practices to join our team as an Assistant Controller. In this hands-on role you will act as a key support to the VP of Finance, members of the executive management team, and other colleagues in all business-related activities to help drive growth and improve company finances. The Assistant Controller role is seen as a stepping-stone to a Controller or VP of Finance position in the future
In this role, you would typically:
- Assist with all aspects of monthly closing, financial reporting & analysis, and preparation/review of monthly reconciliations, ensuring accuracy and compliance with policy.
- Lead the activities of multiple functions involved in the preparation of Business Unit forecasts, budgeting, and reviewing manufacturing performance.
- Perform and drive in-depth product and business process analysis and makes recommendations to improve performance, efficiency, productivity, cost-reduction and revenue growth.
- Analyze budget versus actual performance, analyzes variances, and drives recommendations for improvement.
- Perform variance analysis and makes recommendations for improved performance in inventory, procurement, supplier management, and make-buy decisions.
- Assist in driving on-going improvement of administrative, financial, risk management, and internal control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial result, including System upgrades.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements including GAAP, SOX, FARs and other relevant policies. Support audits as necessary.
- Drive working internal and external capital performance, track movement, and make recommendations for improvement.
- A Bachelors degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or related field
- 5 years progressive accounting and/or financial analyst experience in a manufacturing environment which includes utilizing and Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP)
- Knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Account Principles) and regulations
- Ability and willingness to relocate if opportunity for advancement becomes available.
- You to be authorized to work in the US.
We would really like to see:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills coupled with the ability to develop automated processes to extract raw data from and ERP and convert to high quality management information
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting, etc.)
- Experience with Government pricing requirements
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Self-motivated, organized individual with the ability to prioritize
This is a stepping stone position for a VP of Accounting and Finance role within this large aerospace company. Relocation our of Chicago is required for that next step. This is a great career opportunity for someone who is looking to be part of a very successful company.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 120000
Salary Max : 150000
Currency Type : US Dollars