The company is growing, and we are looking to add a Senior ProductEngineer to our engineering team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager,
the Product Engineer is responsible for new Chiller product designs and
leads the project from beginning to the end.
With the support of the product development team, the Senior Product
Engineer will be responsible to meet all market requirements for the
product and ensure successful implementation of the idea into company's
- Senior Product Engineer (SPE) will use industry knowledge to come up
with unique chiller and refrigeration ideas and concepts
- Coordinates with the product development team to finalize product
- Works with the product development team to meet project deadlines
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure component quality and
- Works closely with marketing, sales, and production to determine the
cost feasibility of the project
- Generate technical documentation to support marketing and sales
- Create prototypes, testing and evaluation of the product ideas.
- Carrying out engineering calculations and simulations to ensure
compliant component selection and specification.
- Maintaining the integrity of design assets through PDM product data
- Create and present technical data for the sales and representative
- Other duties as required.
What are we looking for in a Senior Product engineer?
- A minimum of bachelors degree is required in Mechanical or related
- A minimum of 5 years experience in chiller manufacturing or HVAC
- Project leader who demonstrates passion for product development and
who requires minimum supervision
- Team player who can work well with other disciplines
- The ability to multi-task and be organized is crucial for this role
- Experience with 3D modelling software. Autodesk Inventor or solid
works is highly preferred, however, candidates familiar with other
software will be considered.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint) is
- Familiarity with ASHRAE/ANSI/ASME codes and design requirements is
- Familiarity with HVAC controls systems is advantageous
- Familiarity with electrical systems is advantageous
- Familiarity with heat, cooling, refrigeration systems and
ventilation systems is preferred
- This is a remote position with the requirement for periodic visits
to the Montreal manufacturing facility (as required). Costs for
the visits will be covered by the company.
FULLY REMOTE! The company headquarters' is in Canada but the person can work in the US or Canada as it is fully remote with occasional visits to Montreal to visit the production and manufacturing facilities. This is an excellent opportunity for someone that loves what they do, design new products not just pick and place but use their experience and creativity to design world beating products. The role has very good visibility in the company as well as with clients. The company promotes from within as much as is possible so further growth and development is very real.