Our client provides engineering-based, end-to-end manufacturing solutions for customers in industrial-consumer, military & aerospace and medical industries with prototyping, stamping, molding and custom assembly.
The team partners with customers to develop, validate and manufacture products leveraging Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Six Sigma expertise to ensure optimal function, reliability and safety. From concept through production, providing everything from surgical jaws to complex electronics.
The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years hands on experience with a technical degree, or apprenticeship certificate. He/she would have experience with high speed and/or progressive stamping as well as injection molding processes in multi-cavity molds of small-scale products.
The company provides competitive benefits and relocation.
- Perform cleaning and changeover of production molds to insure production readiness.
- Diagnose quality issues (root cause) and take corrective action to return the mold to production.
- Maintains, rebuilds, modifies and makes replacement parts for assigned tools to tooling, quality and time standards. May troubleshoot tools and help pressroom as needed.
- Make recommendations for needed repairs or improvements.
- Works with Management on continuous process improvement
- Determines specifications for inspection of work, using precision measuring and gauging tools, performing required inspection before, during and after machining
- Performs hand operations involved in producing jigs, fixtures, tools and dies. Uses hand tools of the trade.
- Fits and assembles jigs, fixtures, tools and dies. May set up and tests dies to produce a product to specifications, tracing die difficulties to their source and correcting it.
- Perform visual checks of production of initial sampling to ensure repairs or changeover are correct.
- Keep documentation of mold repairs/modifications current.
- Keeps updated log of all spare tooling and reports the status to the Mold Maintenance Lead on a weekly basis.
- Consults with the Mold Maintenance Lead, Molding Manager and Operations Manager on production requirements for timing of repairs.
- 5 years hands-on experience in the maintenance of multi-cavity close tolerance molds.
- 2+ years technical school degree necessary with a four-year state certified apprenticeship in mold making preferred.
- A solid understanding of geometry and 3D scans and interpretation of blueprints, CAD and Solidworks.
- Possess a thorough understanding of mold manufacturing concepts (i.e. fitting tooling, venting, frame interlocking techniques, etc.)
- Capable of utilizing a milling machine, surface grinder, and EDM to (tolerances of + .0002)
- Capable of working with a process technician to troubleshoot and determine necessary repairs to existing molds.
- Ability to micro weld and machining to repair damaged steel preferred
- MSDS Right to know
- ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 13485: 2003
- Quality program
- Applicable departmental Procedures, Work Instructions, and Forms
In business since 1976 and steadily growing. Great benefits, family owned and operated.
Client pays for relo and is flexible on salary.
Salary Type : Hourly
Salary Min : 34
Salary Max : 36
Currency Type : US Dollars