In a nutshell, primary responsibilities include leading efforts to ensure Naval Nuclear Propulsion NN801 security compliance at HQ and sub-tiers when necessary. Leading continuous improvement efforts to understand and reduce process variability as well as decrease the total cost of poor quality.maintaining plant wide quality programs including internal and external audits, management reviews, reporting of non-conformances, ITME, continuous improvement and record keeping to support ISO 9001 certification. This includes travel to vendors to perform preproduction meetings and as required, re-certification audits.Qualifications:
- Experience within industrial or heavy manufacturing in the quality environment, preferably in the metals industry.
- Exceptional reading comprehension, problem solving, decision making and drawing interpretation skills.
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Solid understanding of Quality Assurance processes and strategies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of variation analysis and problem-solving tools (structured problem solving, Juran, Six-Sigma, etc.).
- Good working knowledge of the metals industry and the processes and equipment.
- Required Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint or another database program.
- Familiarity with ASTM, ASME and more military and other specifications.
Promotional opportunities; and one will not be asked to relocate in order to promote!
Greater job security and lower stress environment.
Very friendly, supportive group.
Opportunity to grow one's skills in an easy going environment.