Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must be organized, proactive, have attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and ethics when dealing with vendors, co-workers, and customers.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organization and documentation skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
Educational and Experience:
- Associate degree in business administration, accounting, economics or related field, preferred.
- 2-5 years of purchasing experience preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, etc.) as well as manufacturing ERP software
Our client, a growing Buffalo area company with a long history (40 years) is seeking a Buyer to join their manufacturing company in the Purchasing department.
- Develop and maintain positive, long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Purchase items needed for the production of products, spare parts, and consumables.
- Maintain records of all transactions, purchase orders, receipts, and payments to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and ensure the availability of documentation.
- Research and compare suppliers, goods, and services. - Selecting the most suitable suppliers in terms of reliability, product quality, and cost efficiency.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and improve purchasing methods/processes.
- Monitor inventory levels and determine purchase needs.
- Prepare and process purchase orders.
- Schedule and verify purchase deliveries.