- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the companys performance.
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Assist the CFO with financial analysis of sales, expenses and capital projects.
- Assist the CFO with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Review raw product costs, inventory values, and plant processing cost standards
- Review seed costs, grower payments, harvest cost, field contract labor and hauling costs.
- Review monthly journal entries.
- Work closely with sales forecasting and inventory managers.
- Oversee the Accounting Manager, A/R, A/P and Accounting Clerks to ensure that all accounting department timelines are met.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance
- 5 - 7 years of accounting experience preferably within an agricultural/food or beverage manufacturing environment
- Proficiencies with accounting software; Famous Software preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and persuasively; provide exceptional customer service for internal and external stakeholders.
- Displays original thinking and creativity, meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestions for improving work, develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
The Controller will leverage their commercial acumen to maximize the return on financial assets by enhancing financial controls, and reporting systems. This critical position will present business insights to leadership and influence cross functional sales and operations teams.