Quality Assurance Manager
The purpose of the Quality Assurance Manager is to ensure a quality product is being produced and distributed at all times.
- Ensure proper management of day-to-day activities related to food safety, HACCP programs, GMP and quality training programs.
- Execute quality control procedures, policies, and control quality of and production/distribution efforts.
- Will lead efforts to ensure quality excellence and compliance with food safety regulatory standards.
- Maintain quality assurance standard operating procedures in Safety chain.
- Monitor performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency (Safety Chain, HARPC, HACCP, and HACQP plans).
- Participate and contribute to continuous improvement of departmental SOPs.
- Develop and execute employee training programs.
- Ensure incoming materials meet safety and quality standards though inspection, vendor visits and certification programs.
- Manage budget and cost controls.
- Ensure that all new regulations are quickly and accurately implemented.
- Review quality documentation necessary for regulatory submissions and inspections.
- Analyze quality control test results and data and provide feedback and interpretation to management or staff necessary for operational decisions.
- Document organizational or operational procedures.
- Confer with organizational team members to accomplish work activities to ensure daily quality is maintained.
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials, raw materials, environmental samples, finished goods, or stability samples.
- Ensure cleanliness and safety standards are maintained in accordance with SQF
- Train Team members on Quality Assurance best practices
- Education Four-year bachelors degree in food science, microbiology, etc.
- Minimum 2-3 years in a food manufacturing experience
- Certified SQF is desired.
- Need to have the desire to be on the plant floor and setting up quality systems within the plant.
- Should be ok with 20% travel.
- 3-7 days of work at home per month on average.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- HARPC and/or HACCP Training Certificate
- GMP Training
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
High profile position. Travel 20% and several days within a month working from home.