This job is archived
(Archived) Sr. Network Engineer (Hybrid)
As a Sr. Network Engineer, you will be part of a team that contributes to all network projects from conception through maintenance. The network engineer is responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting LAN/WAN communications including VOIP and telepresence.
- Design, implementation, monitoring, and administration of network and communications related solutions. This includes technology such as routers, switches, firewalls, WLCs, APs, ISE/NAC, SD-WAN, ADC, provider circuits, etc.
- Troubleshooting of complex network issues and collaboration with adjacent teams on issues in Security or Systems as needed.
- Management of technical projects with both internal and vendor supplied resources. In some cases, this may include needs assessment, business benefit analysis, equipment selection, low level design, and task scheduling.
- Reporting of environment operational status by gathering and prioritizing information.
- Maintenance and improvement of solution efficiencies and security through continuous monitoring, research, and structured upgrades.
- Contribution to suitability, stability, and performance by assisting in definition of policy and "best practices", monitoring, and reporting on adherence.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation on systems and processes for both internal department use and user education
- A minimum of 5 years experience with network design and implementation
- Expert knowledge in the following: DNS, DHCP, STP, VLANs, ACLs, IPSEC, WLC, NAC/ISE, OSPF, iBGP, eBGP, VXLAN (a plus)
- Cisco ACI
- Citrix Netscaler/ADC
- Fortigate and Palo Alto firewalls
- Networking manufacturer platforms (Cisco, Extreme Networks, Alcatel, Brocade)
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Located in downtown Buffalo in a brand new, state of the art building with lots of amenities (dog daycare, shopping, dining, gym and more!) Our client is an international industry leader that employs over 1600 employees across multiple locations in the US. Due to organic growth and recent acquisitions, they are ramping up their Information Technology department.
Work Schedule: 3 days onsite, 2 remote
*Low cost Medical / Dental / Vision plans
*Generous PTO and 401K match
**Free Parking / Private Lot
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 100000
Salary Max : 120000
Currency Type : US Dollars